The Backpacking Light Podcast explores the technology, gear, skills, and philosophy of backcountry wilderness travel through stories, interviews, and investigative reports.
Feedback & questions welcome via email!
Or click an individual episode below to play the podcast in your browser and review the episode’s show notes:
- Episode 001 | Synthetic Insulation
- Episode 002 | Dyneema Composite Fabrics (DCF aka “Cuben Fiber”)
- Episode 003 | Backpacking Food & Nutrition
- Episode 004 | Guide’s Roundtable
- Episode 005 | Navigation
- Episode 006 | Backcountry Filmmaking & Photography
- Episode 007 | Trekking Poles
- Episode 008 | Winter Gear and Skills
- Episode 009 | The Sun is a Compass
- Episode 010 | StoveBench
- Episode 011 | Canister Stove Reviews
- Episode 012 | Lightweight Chairs & Seats for Backpacking
- Episode 013 | Tent-Bound in a Storm
- Episode 014 | Training for Backpacking
- Episode 015 | The Tahoe Rim Trail
- Episode 016 | Maceration and Immersion Foot Diseases
- Episode 017 | Adam Federman & ANWR
- Episode 018 | Clothing Systems for Inclement Weather
- Episode 019 | Jeff Garmire and the Long Trail Unsupported FKT
- Episode 020 | Backpacking with Kids
- Episode 021 | Backcountry Coffee
- Episode 022 | Frostbite and Hypothermia
- Episode 023 | Henry Shires of Tarptent
- Episode 024 | The Backpacking Gear We Love, and Why
- Episode 025 | Covid-19: What Does it Mean for Backpacking?
- Episode 026 | Load Hauling: Lightweight Strategies for Big Packs
- Episode 027 | Listener Q&A
- Episode 028 | Making Your Own Backpacking Meals
New in 2020! The Unlimited Video Podcast
The Unlimited Podcast is a video podcast that takes deeper dives into gear, technology, and skills in a video format. You must be an Unlimited Member to access this podcast, but it’s free with your Unlimited Membership!