Current job openings at Backpackinglight.com will be posted here.
27.Jan.2017 Update – today we posted the Podcast Executive Producer Job. This will be the first in a series of hires that we are planning for this year! Stay tuned as we update this page. We don’t have job descriptions written yet, but we are also in the process of recruiting a Managing Editor, Wilderness Adventures Trekking Guides, Column Writers, and Video Producers. If you are interested, please let us know by dropping an email to Ryan Jordan at email@example.com.
Podcast Executive Producer
Backpackinglight.com is seeking a reliable, self-motivated person to create, plan, and produce a 1x / month audio podcast of approximately 50–75 minutes in length.
- Work with Backpackinglight.com Publisher Ryan Jordan to create the podcast vision and show format, technology platform, and syndication / promotion strategy.
- Create the pre-production outline, scripting, and interview questions for each show.
- Recruit show guests, schedule interview times, and record the interviews.
- Manage and execute all post-production workflow, including sound design and editing.
- Create show notes and publish them to the Backpackinglight.com website.
- Schedule the show to go live on a pre-determined date and time via various channels including the Backpackinglight.com website, iTunes, Stitcher, and other syndication channels as appropriate.
- Promote the podcast via Backpackinglight.com’s internal channels (e.g., the website, social media channels, email newsletter), as well as via outside channels to increase awareness of the podcast.
- Develop and maintain a carefully written and screencasted process for podcast production from beginning to end.
- WordPress – creating and editing posts, inserting images and media links, scheduling posts.
- HTML – Basic HTML tagging including headings, lists, and links.
- Audio Editing Software – Significant experience in audio capture and editing, including the capture of high quality audio for interviews where subjects are in remote (non-studio) locations, capture of high quality audio for listener call-in voicemails, and post-production editing to fix the usual audio problems as they arise.
- Podcast syndication technology – an understanding of how podcasts are syndicated through various channels (iTunes, Stitcher, etc.).
- Podcast budgeting – an understanding of how the costs of media hosting and syndication are determined, in order to create and manage a podcasting budget.
The Executive Producer is not required to participate in audio interviews, stories, etc., as part of this position, but has the option to do so.
- The Executive Producer will receive an Unlimited Lifetime Membership to Backpackinglight.com, a free slot on a Wilderness Adventures Trek, and a flat fee paid per episode produced.
How To Apply
The interested candidate should submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Ryan Jordan that includes:
- Their expression of interest.
- A summary of their qualifications.
- A proposed outline with segment times for what they believe would be the ideal “60-minute podcast for the Backpackinglight.com community.”
- The fee they require to produce each episode.