- Staff Writer (Open as of May 27, 2021) – Should possess strong understanding and depth of knowledge about the lightweight backpacking community and understand the unique nuances of our hiking styles, gear, skills. Most writing will be assignment-based writing with the goal of providing value to our Members. Content marketers and SEO optimizers need not apply. Remote work OK.
- Outdoor Skills Educator (Open as of May 27, 2021) – Should possess strong verbal and visual communications skills and the ability to articulate complex or advanced topics to a layperson audience. Will be delivering educational content in both pre-recorded and live online formats using a combination of video and presentation software. Remote work OK, some travel to Montana, Wyoming and/or Colorado may be required (paid by company). Includes the opportunity to work as a Backpacking Guide in our Wilderness Adventures Program.
- Equipment Performance and Materials Tester (Open as of May 27, 2021) – Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field, or be a student working towards same in their Junior or Senior year. Involves experimental and apparatus design for evaluating the comparative performance between different makes/models of outdoor equipment and/or materials (e.g., textiles). Areas to study will include (but not be limited to) apparel, stoves, water treatment, backpack suspensions. Remote work OK, some travel to Laramie, WY or Estes Park, CO may be required.
How To Apply
Send an email to [email protected] and include the following information:
- Contact Info: First and Last Name, Email, Phone, City and State of Residence, and Links to Social Media Profiles
- Cover Letter (as email body)
- CV/Resume (PDF attachment preferred)
- Your pay requirements.
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Backpacking Light?
- What is your backpacking experience?
- What are your personal core values?