Outdoor Gear / Reviews Editor –
Candidates must have a solid understanding of lightweight backpacking philosophy, gear, and skills, current market/brand/product awareness, a keen sense of objectivity, ability to conduct fair research and fact-checking, an understanding of Backpacking Light’s voice and audience, solid product photography and photo editing skills, and excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Gear Reviews – you will be responsible for developing (including writing and assigning to other authors) gear reviews, state of the market reports, and gear guides.
- Technical Editing – you will edit reviews authored by others to ensure that their content meets high standards of writing quality, technical quality, objectivity, and fairness.
- 20-25 hours per week;
- Some domestic travel required (2-4 times/year) to industry events and/or conferences;
- Some recreational travel required for field testing;
- Benefits include travel reimbursements and free gear;
- Residents of Colorado and Utah are particularly encouraged to apply since Colorado and Utah are close to our HQ in Laramie, and key industry events and partners.
How To Apply
The interested candidate should submit an email to email@example.com addressed to Ryan Jordan that includes:
- A summary of your qualifications.
- Pay requirements.