Backpacking Light accepts contributions from anyone who has a passion for lightweight backpacking and a desire to share that passion with our community.
What Kinds of Content Does Backpacking Light Publish?
We are open to virtually any type of content (text, photos, audio, video, etc.) suitable for publishing online, but it has to be consistent with our Core Mission:
To promote self-sufficient (e.g., “human-powered” and “backpackable”), multi-day backcountry travel in a lightweight style.
- Gear Reviews (types of reviews)
- Gear Guides & State of the Market Reports
News & Opinion
- News: current events, expedition news, event reports, trends
- Op-ed: trends, essays, and commentary
Skills & Techniques
- Gear Lists (annotated)
- Tips, tricks, and wilderness skills
- Make Your Own Gear (MYOG)
Science & Technology
- Technology Reviews
- Testing & Research
- Theory and Modeling
- Biographies (“Profiles”)
- Interviews (“Faces”)
- Expedition/trip reports, notes from the field, photo essays