I’ve been immersing myself in the study of backcountry electronics this year, including technologies for lighting, navigation, and photo/video. This article highlights some gear that I’m using this summer, and how I’m calculating, and managing rechargeable battery needs.
More New Features...
- Topo Athletic Terraventure Review (Trail Running Shoes)
- Garmin inReach Mini Review
- High Sierra Trail (Film) Review
- Atom Packs Prospector Review (First Looks)
- Case Studies: Using Google Earth to Plan Wilderness Trips
- Dehydrated and Freeze-Dried Backpacking Dinners (Gear Guide)
- National Monument Reduction: What Are We Really Losing?
REI Clinic Resources
If you recently attended a Lightweight Backpacking Clinic at REI, Backpacking Light’s Curated List of Lightweight Gear at REI can be found here.