Adventurer and author Buck Nelson reflects on his incredible adventure on the famed Lewis and Clark Trail – a grand western adventure!
REI Clinic Resources
If you recently attended a Lightweight Backpacking Clinic at REI, Backpacking Light's Curated List of Lightweight Gear at REI can be found here.
More New Features...
- Evaporative Heat Loss in Upright Canisters (Part 3 – Transferring Gas Between Stove Canisters)
- Alcove (Film) – 4K
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear Ultamid 4 Review
- Hiking Big Bend National Park: Outer Mountain Loop
- Packrafting Southwest Alaska: Togiak NWR and Wood-Tikchik SP
- Hiking the Ottawa-Temiskaming Highland Trail: Trial and Tribulation in Ontario, Canada
- How to Keep Fuel Warm During Canister Stove Operation
featured ultralight backpacking gear reviews
This Patagonia Airshed Pullover Review features a new type of wind shirt that focuses on maximizing the air permeability of the fabric.
More Gear Reviews...
featured ultralight backpacking skills
Chris Smead, who produces Backpackinglight.com’s “According to Chris” video series, goes through his ultralight video gear.
More lightweight backpacking skills...
- Ultralight Video Gear (According To Chris)
- Lightweight Backpacking in the Winter: Gear and Techniques from the Arctic
- Vacuum-Sealed Recycled Mylar Bags for Backpacking Food Packaging: Better than ZipLocs
- How to Buy Outdoor Gear – Functional Analysis
- How to Choose Lightweight Backpacking Gear: Save Weight, Money, Hassle, and Time
- Planning Complex Backpacking Trips: Best Practices
- DIY Backpacking Stove: An Ultralight Vortex Burner (Part 5: Pot Support)