Backpacking to Mount Assiniboine through grizzly bear country requires you to pay attention! Enjoy the final day of our journal.
Watch our free video seminar & feel your pack get lighter.
Download our Printable Ultralight Backpacking Gear List & Watch our Core Principles of Ultralight Backpacking Video!
Join 35,000 other newsletter subscribers and receive our general newsletter to stay informed of new content and backpackinglight.com promotions.
REI Clinic Resources
If you recently attended a Lightweight Backpacking Clinic at REI, Backpacking Light's Curated List of Lightweight Gear at REI can be found here.
More New Features...
- Backpacking Mount Assiniboine via the Marvel Pass Trail: Part 4
- The Marvel Pass Trail to Mount Assiniboine: Part 3
- The Marvel Pass Backpacking Trail to Mount Assiniboine: Part 2
- Mount Assiniboine Backpacking (Marvel Pass Trail): Part 1
- Arc’teryx Kappa Hoody Review
- Hanchor Marble Backpack Review
- How to Buy Outdoor Gear – Functional Analysis
featured ultralight backpacking gear reviews
This Montane Minimus 777 Jacket Review investigates the ultralight design, waterproofness, breathability, durability, and comfort of this sub-6-oz jacket in sustained rain.
More Gear Reviews...
featured ultralight backpacking skills
Choosing functional and lightweight backpacking gear is tough. What roles do comfort, durability, and aesthetics play in decision-making?
More lightweight backpacking skills...
- How to Choose Lightweight Backpacking Gear: Save Weight, Money, Hassle, and Time
- Planning Complex Backpacking Trips: Best Practices
- DIY Backpacking Stove: An Ultralight Vortex Burner (Part 5: Pot Support)
- DIY Backpacking Stove: An Ultralight Vortex Burner (Part 4: Lab & Field Testing)
- How to Choose Backpacking Gear for Inclement Weather: Clothing, Sleep, and Shelter Systems
- DIY Backpacking Stove: An Ultralight Vortex Burner (Part 3: Mechanical Design)
- How to Choose and Use Ultralight Base Layers