Lighten up the right way.
Educating hikers and holding marketing departments accountable for 19 years.
Watch our free VIDEO seminar
and feel your pack get lighter.
Watch our Core Principles of Ultralight Backpacking VIDEO
+ Download our Printable Ultralight Backpacking Gear List!
Save time and money • Increase safety and comfort • Enjoy hiking & camping more
Get access to information, articles, online education, guided treks, online coaching, and a vibrant membership community dedicated to learning about the gear, skills, and philosophy of lightweight backcountry travel – hiking, backpacking, camping, packrafting, bikepacking, adventure cycling, wilderness kayaking and canoeing, and mountaineering.
“…You guys put out the best, highest quality content that exists in the world of Outdoor. And I’m not just saying that. I manage a famous outdoor shop here in the Lake District and you guys are well respected here.” – Alex C., United Kingdom
Also: receive notifications about new articles, podcasts, webinars, masterclasses, live events, treks, and more!
Watch Core Principles of Ultralight Backpacking by Backpacking Light’s owner and founder, Ryan Jordan, and get started on the right foot! Enter your email address to get the video link, and receive our weekly newsletter with updates about new stories, gear reviews, techniques, BPL news, membership specials, and commentary from our staff about lightweight backpacking gear, skills, and philosophy.
That’s not it – you’re also going to gain access to all of our Backpacking Light 101 Collection.
We want you to get started on the right foot, so with your free newsletter subscription, you’ll also gain access to a sampling of the type of content that our members normally receive:
- The Art of Ultralight – the seminal essay written by Backpacking Light founder, owner, publisher, and CEO Ryan Jordan that has appeared in numerous magazines, catalogs, and his public speeches for more than two decades.
- The 60-Second Backpacker video series.
- State of the Market Reports:
- Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets
- Lightweight Inflatable Sleeping Airmats
- Lightweight Frameless Backpacks
- Ultralight Three-Season Down Jackets
- Unconventional Sleep Systems (Quilts, Top Bags, and More)
- Research & Technology Reports
- Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide – Deadly or not?
- A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods
- Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems
- Frameless Backpacks: Engineering Analysis of the Load Carrying Performance of Selected Lightweight Packs
- How to Use Trekking Poles: the Gas-Brake-Coast Method
- Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel
- Make Your Own Gear: Five Yards to SuperUltraLight
- Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Photo Essay
- 24 Hours: Packrafting the Grande Ronde River
Download our gear list & watch the video now.
Then, start planning your next epic hike with your lighter backpack!
Backpacking Light does not sell or otherwise provide your email address to third parties. That’s rude, leads to spam, and is totally unethical. View our policies.