Topic

enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 176 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Jackson Letts

@jackletts

I've got a Revelation 20 Deg quilt 6'6" wide; with 30% overstuff. Fits in a Zpacks medium dry sack without too much effort. Zpacks says the medium is "roughly" 6" x12" full dimensions.

The quilt is just 1.1 Oz ripstop and 800 FP down. Seems impossible to fit more insulation into the same size and weight until the invent something that is warmer and more compressible than down. Get the temperature rating you need and I think you can rest assured that that is is going to be as warm, light and compressible as as it gets. Excellent gear.

Rob Jones
    Spectator

@robj

Locale: Washington, D.C.

I just ordered a RevX from Tim this week, so anxiously waiting…

I noticed the dimensions of the stuff sack earlier in the posting and I think the confusion is that the dimensions referenced are the "flat" measurements. Their "full" size is about 6×12, as Jackson mentions and they state on the site.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Thank you, no mention earlier how flat, I did read about the larger, flatter stuff sack, this will still leave me with same volume as my WM Caribou bag. He must be busy. I have not perused their site, just keep checking out the weight, options. Almost pulling the trigger, checked out HammockGear also, they have some nice stuff. I'd only save quarter of a pound for a 30 degree quilt. I need to go down more between getting a Zpack shelter and pack which will only save me 20 oz. and a quilt will save another 4 oz. If I cut my carried water down to a quart instead of two quarts, total weight reduction for a week trip in the summer would get my total weight with a Bearicade to 27-28 lbs. Is this little weight loss worth spending $800-$900 on? I'm not selling firewood this year so I can give my back a break, so no extra money coming in.
    Duane

Justin Wade
    BPL Member

@jujawa

Locale: Los Angeles

I have been emailing back and forth with Tim, and ended up ordering 2 quilts. The first is a 6'6" Rev 20* wide w/overstuff for the high sierras 3 season. The second is a 6' Rev X wide 40* w/overstuff for warmer summer trips.

Tim has been awesome to work with, and I am really looking forward to receiving these quilts. I ordered the 20* quilt first, and then decided to opt for the second summer quilt. When I decided to go for two quilts I changed my first order from a 6' to a 6'6" since it will be for mostly colder trips at elevation and I want to ensure that it covers my head (I am 6'2" 205).

When I emailed Tim to make the change he took care of it without hesitation and even waived the extra $10 for the long upgrade since I ordered two quilts. That's what I call great customer service. I can't vouch for the product yet (although I expect it will be superb) but I can definitely vouch for Tim's customer service. Thanks Tim!

Viewing 4 posts - 176 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools