Topic

enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Rob D

@onefatsurfer

My quilt was shipped out.. now comes the dreaded "waiting for the UPS/USPS/Fedex guy"

The anticipation is making my skin crawl

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

3 day priority shipping keeps that wait as short as realistically possible. Hope you love using it as much as we loved making it.

-Tim

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

"Can only turn 11 once right Matt!?

-Tim"

More like 111 (It's not the years…it's the mileage).

M

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Tim…i got the quilt today!!!
    It's really ugly (my color choices, NOT Tim's work), but it is also a thing of beauty! Excellent workmanship! Well worth the short wait time!
    dog

Matt

Andrew Bridenthal
    BPL Member

@walkingandy

Locale: NE Ohio

Very nice, well worth the investment. Should be perfect for summer trips.

Thanks
    Andy

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

I'm so jealous of you guys….if we were hiking together I'd pull the old "whoops my trekking pole slipped…did that hurt?" routine. Ahh I can't wait to get my quilt :D

Even though It's not 100% true...it's how I feel. Hahaha(?).

Andrew Jennings
    BPL Member

@breaktheshoal

Locale: West of the Mississippi

It's about time someone got some love for bringing memes to BPL! Seeing that I'm still waiting on my Rev X to ship that made my day, Kenny… Now if only someone would show me some love for my post on the Deekins deal earlier this week. I guess the price of GOLD just isn't what it used to be.

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

I took that Deekins offer and ran with it…since I'm out of money now – both Tim's quilt and a kick-back for you Andrew are going to have to wait awhile.

Meanwhile I'm just going to hang out at the fire and CAMP LIKE A BOSSDarth Vader - Like a Boss

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

I got my quilt and YOU GUYS DIDN'T!!!!!
    quilt

Rob D

@onefatsurfer

Delivered. My meanie of a fiancee who's at home right now won't send pictures to me. I'll post some pics tonight when I finish the 5 hour drive to Boston for St. Patrick's Day (heck yeah, I'm bringing the quilt :))

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

"Delivered. My meanie of a fiancee who's at home right now won't send pictures to me. I'll post some pics tonight when I finish the 5 hour drive to Boston for St. Patrick's Day (heck yeah, I'm bringing the quilt :))"—-Rob D.

That reminds me….THIS is who i would have sent after Tim if mine had not come soon:

saints

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Those saints don't scare me! Looks like my notifications are down again I missed all of this stuff

Kenny, yours is shipping tomorrow. The girl who had it was sick so I had to get it back and have one of the others rush it. It came in just in time to get stuffed today so it's all yours soon

-Tim

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Just received shipping notification. Tim must have been busy this week because I know there were quite a few quilts ahead of mine. 0 degree downy goodness on its way!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Has anyone received a quilt that was missing the neck cord lock? I just found out there was a miscommunication with one of my finishing guys and at least 5 quilts shipped minus that cord lock.

There are two simple solutions if this happened to yours. 1) ask me to send you a cord lock
    2) take a cord lock from one of your understraps and tie a loop in it to secure it to that side of the quilt and use the cord lock at the neck.

Really sorry this happened and hope my solutions are acceptable to the few people this mistake will affect.

-Tim

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Nope. Quilts were in perfect shape here.

M

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

There shouldn't be too many people affected as he only does a few quilts a week but I just want to make sure I was on top if it. I will be contacting directly all the people I suspect it may have affected. i just like keeping it transparent.

-Tim

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

Tim, I just wanted to let you know..that minus the pink and the unicorn and all the rest, this is how I feel about your quilt!For TimThanks for the props Andy!

Thanks for the Props Andy!!! Hope you get yours soon, Mine is wicked!

Rob D

@onefatsurfer

Overall, I am very impressed. It's so light and fluffy, and has so much loft, I'm confident it'll keep me toasty down to the 20s. I ordered a wide 20 degree with the overfill. I love it!

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I'll add pictures of my quilt. It's a 0 degree quilt. I was a little worried at first about not having the foot end sewn since it will be used in cold weather, but as you can see, there is hardly a hole at all once you cinch it down.

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

Man…these photo's are making me want one.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Paul (bump),
    I used my enlightened quilt this weekend in my Echo I. Muahhahahaha :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I am loving all the photos!

i will mention this hear but once it goes up on the site i will make a new gear deals thread and twitter/facebook comments.

we will now be offering 8d as a no cost upgrade in our Revelation bags (not the X). my recommendation is 20d shell 8d liner but if you have a bivy or very windproof shelter all 8d would be an option also. savings of at least 2oz will be seen in an all 8d quilt.

-Tim

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Tim, these things are looking seriously awesome. I'd pick up another one off you, but my original WLQ (now called Epiphany) is still going strong many years later. Like I have always said, the 0.33 cuben is tougher than most people think. Nice work!

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

If y'all keep this up, I may have to order a quilt. More weight savings with a different material. I have a 1.5 lb. WM bag, so I need to warrant the expense and the weight savings. Plus, do I get a summer bag or an extended season summer bag?
    Duane

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Steve,

That WLQ1 basically started enLIGHTened equipment. It was the 2nd down quilt I had ever made and single handedly changed the course of my future. Maybe I should buy it back from you :)

And to answer as to which temp your quilt should be, yup. You NEED both:)

-Tim

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools