Topic

enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I'm coming up on 3 weeks since my order of 'his and hers' quilts. The wife still doesn't know, and the other day she basically made up her mind she wanted one. So, I have to lie and BS her for a few more weeks! It's all good fun though. :)

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

I can tell you all your quilts are sewn. I just need to get down in there. I need to hire one more cut 'n stuff guy to try and keep up with what mt sewers can do.

-Tim

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Good to see there's demand enough for a need to hire more people.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

It has been a whirlwind. Before OCT it was just me now I have 7 sewers, two cutters and one stuffer (all part time for now) and I need 1 more of each so I can launch my hammock that I have been working on forever. It is a fun time here.

-Tim

Chad Helmke
    BPL Member

@the-gear-recycler

Locale: High Rockies

Ordered a Rev X what I thought was 2 or 3 weeks ago. Actually it was only a last week.

Signed,

Down in the Dumps Because I Still Have 3-5 Weeks Left Before My Beautiful Custom Quilt Will Be Here and I Can Roll Around in its Downy Happiness…

Have to go now. Getting misty.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Chad,

Just got her cut out today. Tomorrow she goes on a trip to get worked on. She'll be back in a week then she's just waiting on that downy goodness. My guy found some extra time in his week so about double the quilts will get stuffed this week! Less in the way when yours comes in.

-Tim

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Right there with ya Chad!!! If it hadn't taken me so long to pick a stupid color scheme I'd probably have it by now.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Tim, the cool thing about your Rev X pricing is that not only does it make good quilts affordable to those who want them, it also makes it easier for people who would like to try them but aren't 100% sure about using a quilt, take the leap. I know for me, I wasn't going to spend much more for some other quilts on the market, but your pricing put it in the affordable range for me.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

As if someone needs the nudging, but I may be willing to sell my Cuben 10* revelation (Old style).

The shorter you are, the better it will work for you. PM me with an offer.

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

how did you like the cuben (inner shell i assume?)???

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Jace,

Is your Epiphany a gen1 with the skunk stripe or a gen2 that has sewn baffles but no nylon strip?

-Tim

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

I got my shipping notice from Tim this morning, only a few more days of waiting. I have this and a Hexamid Twin in the mail, I will be just about set after this week. Thanks for the great service Tim and answering all my questions.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Tim,

It's a Gen II with no stripe, I actually got it from another member here when I was smaller and now It doesn't fit.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I like those gen2 quilts, simple and effective.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Got my shipping info today! Thanks Tim!

I'm actually heading out in the vicinity of your neck of the woods Saturday morning for an overnighter in the Black River State Forest on the Wildcat Mound trail. Got any other suggestions of backpacking in the area?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I have been using my allotted "away from the house" time for smallmouth fishing and canoe camping with the kids the last few years instead of hiking so I don't have a lot of experience hiking in this area, sorry.

-Tim

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

>smallmouth fishing and canoe camping with the kids

Two very important activities.

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

Tim!!
    Put down that darn pole and get back to work on MY quilt!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdtzJvliMk

M

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

You know, I don't do well with demands.

I did get a txt this morning saying your quilt was lost, no joke. That girl is trying hard to keep you from ever seeing that ugly green orange monster. First her hubby burns a hole in it now she looses it, guess it wasn't meant to be.

Of course before I could txt her back I got another saying she found it. Crazy that it was in the bag with all the other quilts I sent her. Last place I would have looked too :) Everybody cross your fingers she doesn't have yours too!

Actually she is awesome it's just Matt that is cursed. The same curse of the crooked sporran I think

-Tim

Cody Lebow

@clebow

Locale: Orange County

Just convinced my dad and one of my buddies to make an order a few days ago. Another friend will be making an order soon as well. Excited to "borrow" my dads for trips that are longer than he likes to go out for.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Cool, and don't worry about the above, it's just Matt. We'll do 100 perfect quilts then Matt will order and we can't do one right, then we'll make another perfect 100. Matt is just cursed.

-Tim

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Good to hear only Matt's quilt will be cursed! I don't think it's going to get cold enough this winter to even use mine, but I'm still really excited to get it soon. Although I think I have a week or two left on my wait time still. Ahhhhh!!!

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!

"The same curse of the crooked sporran I think"

LOL…that sporran was only crooked when i wore it (wink, wink).

M
    PS–I've bought 4 of Tim's quilts in 5 years..so when I order, i have an average wait time of…. 1.25 YEARS for each quilt??????? Maybe i should check out Katabatic :)

James Kirk

@jamesakirk

Locale: Big Sur

Just got shipping confirmation on my 6', wide, 20*, with overfill! Ordered on 1/16… requested a change after I ordered and that may have delayed the process. I'll post photos as soon as I get it.

I don't know when I'll be able to test it in sub-45* weather, though…

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Matt, I've been promising the wife a quilt for 3 years. So 1.25 isn't so bad, it's all relative I guess.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools