Topic

enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment down quilt from $165

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

I ordered mine on jan. 12, can not wait to see and use. If other people ordering 1 month ago are getting shipping confirmations, mine must be right around the corner.

James Kirk

@jamesakirk

Locale: Big Sur

Keep us apprised. I ordered Jan 16th… very much looking forward to playing around with a new toy.

We should start a support group.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

plus one on the support group =D

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

Locale: Midwest

Ordered zero degree January 8th and looking forward to trying it out when it arrives. Not a ton of winter left so hoping to try get my hands on it soon!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Justin, yours should ship fri

-Tim

Justin Tadych

@oshburg

Locale: Midwest

Tim – just made my day! Will start planning a trip to take advantage of the new quilt! Thanks again!

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Looks like I need to join the support group now. Ordered a 0 degree quilt. I'm hoping we get some storms here in SoCal so I can actually take it up to the mountains and use it this winter.

Dan Smith

@dcsmith

here's a teaser picture of my X in 6' 40deg wide flavor with a 30% overstuff.

X, 40 deg wide 6" with 30% overstuff.  I'd say it's more of a 35 deg bag!

I'll be using this here in two weeks and will provide more detail at this time. Great quality and my hat goes off to Tim for a solid product.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Nice! Geez, that 40* looks warmer and seems to have more loft than my 30* Montbell.

Jeffrey Lutz
    BPL Member

@rbcathlos

Locale: NEPA

I put my 6' 30 degree wide order in on January 20. Dan that pic pushed me over the edge.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Dan, thanks for posting the picture. I ordered the same color scheme. Its nice to see what it will look like.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

That is the old coyote brown not the new dark brown. So it will look a little different.

-Tim

Dan Smith

@dcsmith

Limited edition! Thanks again Tim.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

" That is the old coyote brown not the new dark brown. So it will look a little different."

Hmmm…I'll have to imagine it a little darker then. I do like the green with the brown.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

I love my Rev X Quilt!!! I bought one before Christmas and couldn't be happier!! The workmanship and loft are amazing. The 6'6"wide half taper even fits my big self. Packs down to next to nothing and weighs almost exactly the stated weight! Don't miss out on these! And seconds material?? Don't be concerned! You wouldn't know it if Tim didn't tell you! Beautiful stuff! I got the olive green and it is nice!!! Best value in a quilt out there!!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I love all the great feedback!

You guys keep ordering them well keep making them.

-Tim

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Tim,

I currently almost always use my Montbell 2 lb Stretch bas as a quilt laying over me instead of getting into it. So I figured why not try an actual quilt. Get rid of the zipper and a bit of width and save some weight. I do want to pull it over my head, however.

I'm 5'8". Looks to me like a 6' Revelation would allow me to cover my head.

Does my logic seem right to you?

Daryl

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

At 6'2" tall the 6' comes just under my chin. I am a fatty which does use up some length. I think it should work about right for the way you are planning to use it.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

I'm sure you already know this, but the water vapor in your breath will dampen the down and reduce it's effectiveness. You would be far better to use a down hat or hood and snug the quilt down around your shoulders and neck. You would be amazed how much moisture is produced by one person in one night. :o

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Tim,
    That a useful reference. I have a fat head so I have to factor that in too.

Robert,
    Having a sleeping bag over my nose and mouth eventually affects my breathing too. I think the oxygen level might be changing due to my rebreathing the air. When I pull the sleeping bag over my head I keep my mouth and nose free so there is no moisture entering the bag. Good tip, however.

Daryl

Heath Pitts
    BPL Member

@heathpitts

Locale: Nashville

It's funny to read the support group posts in this thread…I'm also a member since Feb. 2nd :)

P. Larson

@reacttocontact

"I'm sure you already know this, but the water vapor in your breath will dampen the down and reduce it's effectiveness. You would be far better to use a down hat or hood and snug the quilt down around your shoulders and neck. You would be amazed how much moisture is produced by one person in one night."

Hence the reason I chose not to buy a quilt. I'm not really one that needs to snug the hood up, but for some reason I like having my head in it. Weird I guess.

Dan Smith

@dcsmith

Do I need to post some more pictures as an ex-member of the support group to motivate others into pulling the trigger or help the current support group get through their wait times? This is such a comfortable quilt!

On the flip side, I'd like to hear from others on how they used the cords to cinch their quilts together to make it the most efficient. Someone posted some pictures on how they used the cords to keep it in place, but I'm always open to opinions on other ways of doing things.

Dan

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

Post the pictures Dan as I may pull the trigger…

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Hopefully not long for me to wait – ordered two quilts on 11 Jan and have a trip in a couple of weeks. I seem to be striking out a bit on gear arriving from the US at the moment, but hasn't been a problem as I have had to cancel a couple of trips due to poor health. Looking forward to comfortable side and stomach sleeping at last.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools