Unlimited Member Exclusive
- This video podcast is available only to Unlimited Members (learn more).
- This private podcast for Unlimited Members will explore deeper investigations into gear, skills, and technology. Our public podcast will continue to focus on a long-form variety show featuring stories about people and places through interviews, with short segments about gear, skills, and what’s happening at Backpacking Light.
Watch this podcast
In this video podcast, Rex Sanders and Ryan Jordan discuss sleeping bag temperature ratings, the ISO 23537 temperature rating standard, and how consumers can interpret the standard to make better buying decisions.
Duration: 28 min 56 sec
- Standards Watch Column: Introduction
- ISO 23537 – Requirements for Sleeping Bags, Part 1 – Thermal and Dimensional Requirements
- ISO 23537 – Requirements for Sleeping Bags, Part 2 – Fabric and Material Properties
- Rex Sander’s Standards Watch Column: Sleeping Bag Temperature Ratings
- Sleeping Pad R-Values: Not That Useful
- Improving R-Values for Consumers