Episode 90 | Alpaca Wool Baselayers
This episode of the backpacking light podcast is sponsored by ARMS OF ANDES, manufacturer of premium base layer apparel made with alpaca wool. Backpacking Light podcast listeners can enjoy 15% off with the coupon code ALPACALIGHT at armsofandes.com.
In today’s episode of the Backpacking Light podcast we’re going to talk about four season tents, a new ABC watch that could dethrone the Garmin Fenix, and alpaca wool fabrics used for next-to-skin base layer apparel.
In this Episode:
What’s new at Backpacking Light?
- Upcoming Live Event – November Office Hours
- October 23, 2023 Newsletter – 4 Season Ultralight Shelters, Outdoor Vitals, and more!
- Sign up for the Newsletter.
- Become a Backpacking Light Member.
- Follow us on elsewhere on the web: YouTube | Instagram | Facebook
Interview with Arms of Andes
Our guests this week are Meli and Rensso Hinostroza, co-founders of the alpaca wool apparel manufacturer Arms of Andes. We have a wide-ranging conversation about alpaca farming, alpaca fiber characteristics, the performance benefits of base layer apparel made with alpaca wool fabrics, and the sustainability of alpaca wool vs. merino wool and synthetic apparel.
Submit a Tip, Trick, or Question
Share your tips, tricks, and questions on the podcast – submit it via email to [email protected].
- Arms of Andes Alpaca Wool Baselayers
- Tarptent Notch Li with Solid Inner
- Tarptent Dipole 1 DW with Solid Inner
- Garmin Epix Pro Gen 2 ABC Watch
- Ombraz Armless Sunglasses
- Gear Testing and Research: Why is my Base Layer Soaked?
- Gear Testing and Research: By the Numbers: What’s the Best Baselayer?
- Wilderness Skills: How to Choose and Use Ultralight Baselayers