Topic

Your Avatar

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Mark V.
    BPL Member

@room210

Locale: Northern California

October 2013 when my son and I camped at Frog Lake, Henry Coe State Park

Shawn McDonald
    BPL Member

@shawnm

Locale: Michigan

My current avatar is from a point on the North Country Trail in Michigan's lower peninsula called the Highbanks Rollway. For fall hikes in the lower peninsula, it's a good one.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Mine is a pic of the wife and I at the Grand Canyon about 10 years ago. She is quite the companion. P.S. – It would be a hoot to know what some of the folks who no longer post are doing now. Mary D, John Donewar, Delmar, Travis Leanna, Bill Fornshell(although he pops up occasionally), etc. Ryan

Daniel Sweeney
    BPL Member

@siskiyoudaniel

Locale: SWVA

Is a picture taken on top of the plateau at Hart Mtn National Antelope Refuge in June 2014, during a long day hike. Hart Mtn might be my favorite place in the world.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Mine is the Northern Terminus of the Long Trail at the end of my thru hike. celebrated with my last packet of Nutty Bars. Then I heard thunder roll in the distance and get darker and jogged the last few miles to the road. GF wasn't sure her car could get down the dirt access road so with one last bit of trail kindness a nice couple dropping off friends going SOBO gave me a ride to the pavement.

Rose
    BPL Member

@rosielovescajeta

Locale: SF Bay Area

Mine is from my 2011 trek through Peru's Colca Canyon. I had stopped near the bottom after a couple of hours of descending into the canyon. My husband snapped this photo as I was resting my knees.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

Heading up the north side of Whitebark Pass in the Ansel Adams Wilderness, Inyo NF, Sierra Nevada, CA. Later that night near the shores of upper Nydiver Lakes I found a can of Oskar Blues Pale Ale with a "drink me" note attached that I enjoyed immensely while pondering the milky way.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

Hanging out with Buddy in Lost Creek Wilderness at a campsite we like to use when rushing in on Friday nights. Hidden but easy to find in the dark when necessary.

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

…is a photo I took of the south side of Mt. Baker from a few hundred feet above Lake Wiseman on Twin Sisters Mountain. Quite a bushwhack to get to that lake, but well worth it!

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I took mine on Camel’s Hump in Vermont. It was -30º windchill up near the top! We didn’t summit, since we were breaking trail on 4-foot snowdrifts. It was a really gnarly winter backpacking trip.

We should go back this winter…

Dan Gregerson
    BPL Member

@dlgregerson

Locale: Bob Marshall Wilderness

Mine is Chief Mountain in GNP, a sacred place to the Blackfeet, which reminds me of the sacredness of all the outdoors. Also overlooking the Belly river, perhaps my favorite place on earth.

bjc
    BPL Member

@bj-clark-2-2

Locale: Colorado

Just a simple reminder of Colin Fletcher.

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

Smallmouth bass fishing on my favorite lake, Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Mine is currently a computer I like using.

D M
    BPL Member

@farwalker

Locale: What, ME worry?

Me at the AZT terminus, 811+ miles in 54 days SOBO, August-October 2015. Epic, rocky and I was so happy to be done!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Job hunting reflects itself in the no name, no avatar

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Mine IS the Belly River, Dan. +1 on it being a favorite place on earth.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

My avatar is me holding my grandson Anders up so he can climb on playground bars. I need to change it as that photo is now 3 years old. Maybe one of me winter camping will be next.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Usually mine is one from my trail cameras and I tend to change those pics often. Right now….my rare attempt at a “selfie” to show a top I knitted .

George F
    BPL Member

@gfraizer13

Locale: Wasatch

On my 2010 PCT thru. A couple I met in the Goat Rocks took my picture, wrote down my email and sent me a great memento a while later.

Josh George
    BPL Member

@dognme

Locale: INW

Day trip with the pup in the Santa Fe National Forest

Adrian Adams
    Spectator

@adrianadams

Locale: Northern Arizona

Myself September 2015 in Sycamore Canyon during a 300 mile loop hike in Northern Arizona I cobbled together from rivers, canyons, railroad tracks, dirt roads and trails.

robert k
    BPL Member

@rob-k

Locale: SF Bay Area

Though not my dog I would have loved to hike with her if the rules permitted it, but she was one of the thousands of dogs I’ve walked over the years as a volunteer at the local humane society. Good photos can be a challenge with a cell phone, but this one came out well enough I think.

Clifford Deakyne
    BPL Member

@cliffdeakyne

Locale: Colorado Rockies foot hills

My avatar is the Cabane de Moiry, from my 2011 Haute Route hike.  After a long day of hiking the hut comes into view, at the top of a steep cliff, with no apparent way up. Looks can be deceiving. Hut has windows all along the wall and sits along a glacier so the view is worth the climb.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

my son on our first backpacking trip — this past July in Siouxson Creek, southern WA.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools