Topic

Your Avatar

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

That’s my old and wrinkled mug shot on the PCT.  I’m somewhere between Stevens Pass and Stehekin in Washington State.  I’d say 2011.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Jus’ me and my grandson hanging’ out in 2011.

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

A ring around the sun, and Mt. Jefferson from the lookout tower, from a fairly recent trip to Bull of the Woods wilderness in Oregon. I backpacked there for the first time, probably around 1990. Antiquated, heavy equipment, inadequate sleeping bag (still remember how cold I was that night), and canned food. I learned to love backpacking but had a few things to learn about gear.

Kelly

Peter H
    BPL Member

@stickler64

Locale: Sacramento

Sunset, Desolation Wilderness

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Me, very tired. Between Crabtree ranger station and Guitar Lake.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Mine is obviously the only true Avatar here. It is in honor of Gear Swap and all the gear posts for the never ending search for Unobtainium.

robert mckay
    Spectator

@rahstin

Locale: The Great Land

Before hiking the PCT I wanted to see if I would enjoy long distance hiking. My friend, his dog and I thru-hiked the Denali Highway in Alaska. It’s the longest “trail” I could think would be able to be hiked in early May when we had the time. It’s still open to cars (saw only a handful a day) and is all dirt. I was taking a nap after taking some pictures and my friend took my camera from my sleeping hand and took the picture :)

Michael B
    Spectator

@sbaussie

Locale: Santa Ynez

Mine is of  a Gnarly old guy lost out in Joshua Tree National Park..

Joshua B
    BPL Member

@leukos

Locale: Indy

That’s me atop Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh.  One of my favorite spots to sit with my binos and watch ships when I lived there.

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools