Topic

Official GGG Thread READ

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Official GGG Thread READ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 351 through 361 (of 361 total)
  • Author
    Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Ken H. wrote: > Hi, from what the website says, once a support vehicle gets to the campsite they cannot go back and forth to the trailhead.

True, but

Ken T. wrote: > Saturday morning. If you want stuff hauled to camp. I suggest getting there early so we can get your stuff to camp with the support vehicle.

I was just wondering if there were anything more specific than "early." 6:00? 7:00?

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

One more question for Ken H. : those of us that gave our info to Ken for the free parking permit…how do we go about it? Does the park have our numbers? Where do we park?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Bumping the thread to get your attention.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

when the box of brownies I'm bringing weighs more than my big three…in fact matches my big three plus a really heavy old thermarest?

I think it means I'd better not stumble on the way out there tonight. On the bright side, it's definitely less weight than I've dropped from my pack since joining BPL, so I'm still ahead of the game.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

dk, it means you will most definitely win our vote for first place shared item – AGAIN. Those brownies were incredible last year.

Andrea and I are down to the wire as we have to work most of the weekend but we're hoping we'll be able to stop by and say hello around lunchtime Saturday.

Safe travels all, and huge thank you to Ken and Ken for organizing this and other outings – you guys have built a wonderful community and a tradition that just gets better and better every year.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Ken H:

Just referencing my prior email, I believe a group our size is allowed 2 support vehicles. If one is going to be available on Saturday, would you post the time here?

I'll be staying with a friend in the San Jose area this evening and hopefully I can check the site.

Thanks,

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

<hr />

Ken H. wrote: > Hi, from what the website says, once a support vehicle gets to the campsite they cannot go back and forth to the trailhead.

True, but

Ken T. wrote: > Saturday morning. If you want stuff hauled to camp. I suggest getting there early so we can get your stuff to camp with the support vehicle.

I was just wondering if there were anything more specific than "early." 6:00? 7:00?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

We're on our own.
    Jim, I don't think it would be as early as 6 or 7; coffee, not wanting to wake others with the vehicle, late night drinking…
    I will let Ken T. Know tonight that people are asking for the supporting vehicle in the morning. If for some reason we are not allowed to drive out, I will get a couple of folks to hike out with me to help carry stuff back in. If we walk out, we'll be there between 9 and 10.

See ya there

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Is it safe to assume that water supplies will be there on Friday night? or is it possible that the only support vehicle is going out Saturday morning?

kevin smith

@divr6347

waiting for jack to arrive so we can get loaded up we will be leaving in the next

1/2 hr 3 hrs drive for us so im guessing we are going to roll in around midnight

see everyone in a few hours or tomorrow for the early birds lol

with ken t and ken h in attendance i have no doubt it will be a fantastic trip

see ya there

kevin

Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Are there any "events" planned for this year's gathering?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
Viewing 11 posts - 351 through 361 (of 361 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools