Topic

enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Tim-
    I can't read anything in your site. It's black print with balck background! I am using a PC with Windows XP.

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

Inquired on my status monday and a few hours later got an email (sent from his iphone…)
    saying it got shipped that day !

First thing I do of course is weigh it :
    16.25oz / 460g

I ordered :
    revelation X 6' 1.5" Straight Taper- 17oz w/8.25oz Down

I notice though that there is more down on the outside of the quilt than I'm used too "unboxing" – about half a dozen pieces. edit – it's not from the quilt itselft it seems.

I try it on and it seems roomy though I feel like the foot box seems a bit small – my WM versalite is more roomy; more than enough room throughout otherwise,

I don't think drafts will be an issue nor layering (I'm 5ft7 39n chest)

Against the light the baffles are pretty well filled (though the quilt/down was still fairly compressed); the down stays in place but with a little intentional coaxing it doesn't seem too hard to move it around.

It's rated at 40F but feels like it will keep me warm at lower temperatures and with the amount of down it should. I really wanted a quilt to try out, and I needed something to between my WM versalite 10F and a symthetic decathlon 52F bag. Kinda regret not getting a 20 degree quilt …

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Looks great, slightly narrower than I expected but still has adequate coverage. I intend this to be a topquilt down to 20F or so, and a supplemental bottom quilt below that. Trying it out tonight!

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

I know mine came a few days ago but I'm stuck finishing up my research away from home so I haven't been able to play with it. I'm taking it out as soon as I get home in a week. I got the wide 20 degree one so I will have plenty of room to layer it inside my bivy to take it even lower, so around here, I should hopefully be able to avoid buying a winter bag hopefully. We'll see.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

Just saying……

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

Waiting is brutal. I'm heading home today and I plan on sleeping in it tonight in my yard to test it out.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Sorry about the down in the outside. The room I work in is dry and the fabric gets a lot I'd static that down sticks to when stuffing. It is driving me nuts, trying to send them clean though sorry about yours.

Curry
    BPL Member

@veganaloha

Locale: USA

Tim,

when do you think the prodigy, short, 45 degree quilt will be available again?

Susan

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

The entire prodigy lineup is up in the air. I need to source my insulation direct because doing a few yd a month is a pain to deal with. But doing a few yd a month doesn't justify retail so I have to figure it out. Also my retail supplier is dry on 2.5 til spring at earliest.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Tim, just letting you know that the site looks great in Firefox now!!!

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Received notification that a Priority Mail package was on its way from Tim!! Ready to try out my new quilt!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

That's right I am shipping 16 quilts tomorrow and we are as close to caught up as i can ever imagine being. Maybe 5 quilts left in the shop! New stuff and another fun if X's coming this week, now that i can sit down and work on them. Thanks to everyone who has supported us! It has taken longer than expected to get your orders out and I am very sorry for that. I hope you love your quilts and I am very glad to have been able to make them for you.

-Tim

GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

I've yet to make the jump into quilts but have been wanting to for a while now. I was considering making my own but your prices are pretty great so I'll most likely end up buying from you when I have the money in a month or so.

How big of a difference is there between the stuff sizes of your down quilts vs. synthetic quilts? I'll probably end up ordering the Prodigy (if it's available) simply because the price and weight are great, especially for a synthetic quilt.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

My down quilts are a little heavy as I have been using a 30% overstuff, so if you order a 3.5" quilt there's enough down for 4.55" of loft. I like knowing it will never be cold at the given temp rating but I plan to also offer 10% overstuff as an option too. I always did 10% in the past and that means a 3.5" quilt has enough down for 3.85" of loft which is still a nice overstuff but saves some weight. This time both will be an option. I am trying to hire someone to handle the prodigy protege and epiphany-k orders but until then they are on hold.

-Tim

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Had a white priority mail box waiting for me when I got home :) The quilt inside is beautiful!!The material is great in feel and color. The loft is amazing, and the workmanship is impeccable!! I ordered the Revelation X with 2.5" loft. It is the wide cut with a half taper. The weight on my scale in a cuben stuff sack that I made, is 28oz. This weight is without the cords that Tim includes if you want to hold the quilt around you on your pad. Very happy with it!!!!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Very glad you live it, and very sorry it took so long

Above I listed quilts that we're on hold, I mistakenly said epiphany-k but meant the APEX version. I am interviewing a guy next week so if he works out I will offer Climashield quilts again.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Today the RevelationX is back up, 850fill down with 1.1oz 2nds fabric from $165-$230. Last time we offered this it only last 2 weeks before we had to shut it off for sanity sake. Don't miss out.

Also our standard Revelation is once again available with 20D fabric (Momentum90 for now) for $230-$300

I don't know how long we can keep our prices this low but we are trying hard to offer our gear at the best price point we can.

takes 4-6 weeks for us to deliver quilts as even though we are growing we are still very small and many of my staff are new and learning.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com

-Tim

Justin Hodges

@jhodges1715

Just ordered one for the wife and myself. As new users, both of us are pumped to get our first quilt.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

UGH! You're actually giving me buyers remorse over the new WM Ultralite I just received! You're accountant should be very cross with you, but as a consumer I definitely appreciate it (even if I can't purchase one myself). I think what you're doing is phenomenal for letting people enter the quilt world with a quality product but still leaving enough cash to lighten the rest of their gear!

Sarah Kuhn
    BPL Member

@sckuhn

Locale: Mountainous Ohio

Yeah quilt from the first 'X' run arrived to welcome in the new year!!! Looks amazing so far….. weighs in at 26.6oz packed in a Lawson equipment 12×24 cuben fiber roll top bag!! Bag compacts to almost flat – works into my pack great!

Now….. looking for guidance regarding 'lacing' the quilt together. Looked around the internet for pictures, but couldn't find too many. Enclosed 'laces' have barrel clips on both ends….. do you lace the other end through the quilt loop then back through the barrel clip?? Seems like you wouldn't need to have both sides adjustable??? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Oh what fun it is to play with gear!!!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

What you suggest will work fine if you want the cords attached all the time. I know many people don't use them and some want to unhook them to get in and out. I tie one end in A loop and girth hitch it to the quilt tie-out. In the other side j put the cord lick through the loop like a button. I can adjust the tension and the cord lock holds against the loop. Some want more security than that but still want it easily removed, fur that you can thread the cord through the loop a 2nd time to increase friction and keep the cord lick from coming out. I am working on a system to make if easier to usd while still keeping them removable.

-Tim

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

There are 8 loops if you count the two nearest your head. I used two of the cords. I took the line locks off of one of the ends of each cord. I tied the first cord to the loop closest to the zipper, looped it across, then down and across, then across. I looped it twice through the last one, so that it stayed in place. I repeated this for the second set of four loops. This gives enough flexibility when getting in and out, plus can be cinched tighter fairly easily.quilt lacingline lock close upWeight of 6'6" 2.5"loft, wide/half taper, 30% overfill Quilt, linelocks, and MYOG cuben stuffsack 28.55g!!6'6" wide/half taper 2.5" loft 30% overfill in a MYOG cuben stuffsack

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Reading over my posts i just want to apologize for my horrible spelling and grammar. 90% of my posts are done from my iPhone while hunched over my sewing machine, and i have fat fingers, bad combo.

-Tim

Dan Smith

@dcsmith

Just ordered my 40 degree summer quilt from Tim. Get in while the water is warm.

Width/Taper: WIDE/Half Taper
    Inside Color: Coyote Brown
    Outside Color: Olive Green
    Fill: 30% Overfill
    Size/Insulation: 6' w/1.5" Loft

Looking forward to receiving the quilt. Since I have a WM bag for colder use, I didn't want to spend another $350+ for a summer bag/quilt. Given Tim's good reputation here, I'm sure I'll be a happy customer.

I'm off to purchase a Cuben Zpacks sack for this bag, and I'm good to go for the upcoming spring and summer.

Justice Baker
    BPL Member

@jkokbaker

Locale: Central Oregon

Is the listed temperature rating with the 30% overfill or without? Sorry if this has already been asked, thanks.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools