Topic

enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

Robert,

I love the head hole as used by JRB but because it is a key feature of their line up i am not comfortable replicating it. Sorry.

-Tim

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Robert, you could still use an enLIGHTened equipment quilt as cold weather protection, just wrap it around your body kind of in a figure-8 shape, then put a piece of clothing over the top to pin it, like your rain or wind jacket or your shirt. Mike Clelland! has that as one of his ultralight backpacking tips. I haven't tried it myself yet in the field but I'm going to test it out at home soon (its too hot now in Adelaide for me to need warm clothing…need to wait for next winter). (Edit, I don't have an enLIGHTened quilt yet though one day I hope to!)

Cheers,

Adam

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Tim, how big a difference do the cuts make in fit? I'm stuck on which to get. For reference, I'm 5'4'', 175, active sleeper and use a hammock.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

in a hammock i think the straight taper is fine . I am 6'2" 325# and can use the minimum weight/straight taper in my hammock, no way on the ground but for sure in the hammock. If you toss and turn a lot you may prefer the half taper but i think you'd have to be a very active sleeper, like maybe getting in and out in your sleep active.

-Tim

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Another question about cuts, might as well make it public.

How do the tapers compare to, say Western Mountaineering's options? Specifically WM's narrow bags?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

sorry, i am not very familiar with sleeping bags. the straight taper is on the smaller size to keep weight down, mld also uses a straight taper(ish with his nice new arc at the head) and has some sizes similar to the 48×38 we're using. the half taper is extremely roomy and offers great coverage for big guys, side sleepers, "active" sleepers, and big pad users who want to tuck under the pad. at 56×42 it has room to spare. they both have tabs to allow underquilt use but the straight taper might be better suited for that role.

-Tim

Rob Bouchard
    Spectator

@mrzsasz

Do we email you for shipping costs or will it caluclate in the checkout. Just wondering for shipping up to Canada.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

i am not that advanced. for outside the lower 48 i bill actual shipping – $10per quilt charged at checkout. so once i ship (hoping for under 6 weeks) i will bill anything owed for shipping. i us eusps priority

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I want to let everyone know that your response to our sale has been amazing, I sold more quilts last week then i have ever sold in a month before. Because of the great response the RevelationX won't last as long as i expected. I am going to let them run through the week but on Nov1 I will have to take them down.

I am starting to get materials (i have some fabric but not this much :) ) and sewing will start next week. If you ordered a quilt last week it should be ready to stuff by the time our down arrives (my down supplier is pretty slow to deliver so i expect 3 weeks from order to delivery if i am lucky, the product and price are great and worth waiting for) To be on the safe side i am telling everyone to expect your quilts early Dec but really hoping that is just me being cautious.

This deal will not be back anytime soon but i am hoping to source some materials at a better price than before now that i can get them bulk, so maybe the standard revelation will come down some, but it won't be this low again.

-Tim

Anna P

@earth5

Ordered one yesterday. Can't think of a better Xmas gift to myself than to finally get to try a quilt! Good thing olive green is my favorite color =D

Erik Sund

@sundek

Any advice on lengths? I'm about 5'10"…would I order the 5'6" since I don't want it on my face or…?

Thanks for any advice, I've not used a backpacking quilt before but want to give it a shot.

Edit: Sorry, read a little further on the details page and found that the 6' quilt is not 6' long but *for people* up to 6' long.

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

just bought 2 bags: one for quite warm temps, and one for quite cold temps. =)

This deal is simply too good to pass up!

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Per the enLIGHTened equipment site, today is the last day to get orders in for the RevolutionX discounted blankets. If you've been on the fence, decide today.

Unknown abc

@edude

Epic deal. Ordered one last night, can't wait to get it!

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

Just checked it out. Looking forward to my quilt arriving, any estimates yet? Are we still looking at early December?

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

Yeah I would have to agree that the website does look really good! Congrats!It is hard to read the text under info though.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Still hoping early dec yup, things moving way slower than I hoped but everyone is learning and we're getting there

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

what browser were you using that didn't look right?

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

I am using a Macbook
    The website looks great in the Safari browser, and the Opera Browser, In Firefox however the text runs into the pictures of the quilts. I am using the newest updates on all three browsers. Just letting you know. Website still looks great!!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Thanks so much for letting us know I will pass this info on to Zak

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

I didn't notice it earlier at first look but rechecking now shows similar issues on my machine. Browser compatibility issues are not fun to fix.

Firefox 3.6.24
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS

quilt

John Smith

@csneom4a1

Any update on the shipping time frame?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Many quilts will be arriving in the next days and next week. I wanted to have all sale quilts out by Dec but it looks like it will be a little less than half. I am working hard to have them all delivery by Christmas. Dealing with staff issues hasnt been as easy as I expected but I am constantly hiring new staff to try yo get on top of all the orders. We had 55 quilts ordered the 2 weeks of the sale where when I was doing this on my own I sold <10 a month with one big month of 25 that took me 12 weeks to finish. We are fur sure moving faster than that and it looks like I am able to keep a full staff working now but it has taken 4 weeks to get here. I appreciate how patient everyone has been with me as I try and juggle this new business and learn how to get it running smooth.

-Tim

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

Well I just received an email saying that my quilt has shipped. Now if only I could speed up time because I cannot wait to try this baby out in the field as this is my first quilt.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Shipped priority so 2-3 days to your door

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools