Topic

enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

UPDATED 1/6/12

Today the RevelationX is back up, 850fill down with 1.1oz 2nds fabric from $165-$230. Last time we offered this it only last 2 weeks before we had to shut it off for sanity sake. Don't miss out.

Also our standard Revelation is once again available with 20D fabric (Momentum90 for now) for $230-$300

I don't know how long we can keep our prices this low but we are trying hard to offer our gear at the best price point we can.

takes 4-6 weeks for us to deliver quilts as even though we are growing we are still very small and many of my staff are new and learning.

http://www.enlightenedequipment.com

-Tim

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Those prices are great. I like those baffles.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Glad to see you're back in the game Tim!

William Zila
    BPL Member

@ultralightwillinn-m

Locale: Albuquerque

very nice

Barry P
    BPL Member

@barryp

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)

Hello Tim,
    I probably missed it. Is there anyway we can get some total weight and stuff size dimensions?
    Thanx,
    -Barry

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

Tim,
    Great to see you all back in business. Gear looks amazing. I don't know if there is any way I can justify adding another piece of gear to the house, but if I can, this would be it. I'm with Barry — please add some weights (far more important than size), and I'll see if I can try my first piece of enLIGHTened equipment.
    Thanks,
    tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

working on the new weight estimations right now!!

They will be heavier than before as i am now over stuffing 30% to give max down control and uncompromising loft. You could order a lower % over stuff if you want with no custom charge, just an e-mail is all it'd take to get setup. (also the ratings should be pretty conservative with the 30% more down)

-Tim

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Wow Tim, these prices truly are FANTASTIC. I think I just found my new winter solution!

Tyler Barcelli

@youngster

Locale: Southeast

I have been wanting to try out a quilt and I couldn't resist buying a 20 degree Revelation made out of the seconds.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

that was our hope in offering them so low, the use of 2nds material is good for us as it uses up our extras but it only accounts for about $5 of the difference between that and 1st quality 1.1, the remaining savings just comes from the goodness in our hearts :)

-Tim

Troy Hawkins
    BPL Member

@ollyisk

Locale: Germany

I decided to bite…I was having a hard time convincing myself that I needed a quilt since I already have a few bags, but I figured why not, and I don't think there's a better deal than this around :)

Thanks!

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

Tim-
    Are the products still made here in USA?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

not only are all products made in the USA they are all made local here in Winona, MN by families, not businesses!

-Tim

Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

YAY!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Sanborn Canoe Company? In Winona? How'd they come in under my radar? … me thinks I've been focusing on backpacking too much!

Congratulations Tim. VERY nice to see you making the step to grow beyond what you alone can manufacture. Even nicer that you found a way to keep things cottage (and MN cottage at that!) Looking forward to seeing what your creativity turns out next.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Tim,

Good for you!! BTW, I don't know why you have the pump sack. My original Emphany quilt without the Momentum strip stuffs quickly and lofts quickly. It is a great piece of equipment and almost weightless.

And for everyone else, Tim is great to deal with, honest, and the pinnacle of customer service. Oh, and he builds top notch gear too.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Jim,

I am having a great time with the Sanborn guys. They taught me how to make their paddles and that was a really cool experience, as long as nobody ever has to buy one as i'm not near as gifted as Todd and Zak. We have 3 brands we are doing, 2 outdoor, Sanborn Canoe Co & enLIGHTened equipment and 1 indoor brand Trout Valley. We are blessed that we are able to support our friends and neighbors through providing work opportunities. Sanborn is in the process of building a new shop and hopefully that will mean we will be pumping out canoes soon, of which i must have no less than 3!

-Tim

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Nick,

The pump was added when i moved to "NO SEW BAFFLES". The air enters and exits your quilt through the stitching all over the body, once that was removed i needed to add a mechanical way to let air in/out. I made this change as with no stitching in the body of the quilt it is impossible for body vapor to enter the quilt (was possible though unlikely that it could wick through the stitching before) and now the top is also 100% waterproof where as before there was always that slight chance. Now only the sides are stitched so there is literally a 1% chance of water getting in unless the whole quilt goes swimming, and even then it shouldn't be much.

-Tim

Zoji Rushi

@zojirushi

Just ordered one. Thanks for the great deal!

Ryan C
    BPL Member

@radio_guy

Locale: United States

How long will you be offering special pricing on the RevolutionX? I am interested in trying a quilt in the 20 degree range but already have lots of gear cash invested in my two Western Mountaineering bags. I would be very interested if a 6' with 2.5" of loft could come in under 24oz. How small would something like this pack to, maybe 6×12"?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

for the minimum weight/straight taper cut you're looking at ~22.75oz
    for the maximum coverage/half taper cut you're looking at ~27.5oz

-Tim

John Smith

@csneom4a1

Just ordered one as my first quilt.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

hmm, i don't show an order from you? did it go through right?

-Tim

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I like the various options and the cost compromises are very inviting.

And I can see a lot of people liking the synthetic options, especially canoe, kayak and wet climate trippers.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

Hi Tim,
    I took the jump to my first quilt and ordered a 6'6" Rev X, Half Taper, 2 1/2" loft. I sent you an email to ask if it is possible to add a head hole in the middle to enable use as cold weather protection when not sleeping in it. Possibly with a velcro closure? Or do you have a different way that might work better. Just thought I'd ask.
    Thanks again,
    Robert

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools