Topic

Are you “packing” while you are packing?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Are you “packing” while you are packing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Tim,
    The outcome was only a shock to You. For too many of us it is like Halloween 13 – the outcome was preordained, the only unknown was the players.

Don't lose any sleep over it.
    Smile the next time you see a similar opening post.
    And wait for things to unfold.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Its a legit question and you should not feel bad about asking it. If you think its opinionated here, you should read similar posts on whiteblaze.

There are legit reasons to carry if you are willing to pack the weight. Feeling more secure about handling varius remote situations, is as good as any.

I carry a small .25 cal auto sat.night special in a pocket during bow hunting season on private land, just because it makes me feel more secure. Not for snakes, or bears, or cougars. More likely for a pack of wild dogs or a two-legged varmint.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"More likely for a pack of wild dogs or a two-legged varmint."

For two-legged varmint, I would suggest bear spray. That would teach him a lesson.

–B.G.–

Anonymous
    Inactive

"For those of you that completely turned this around, thank you for opening my eyes. I will remember what I have learned the next time I ask a question."

Hey, Tim, it's better than getting whacked with a big wooden paddle by all the BPL members for your initiation. The hazing is now officially over. Welcome to BPL!

Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools