Topic

THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips THE 2ND ANNUAL POINT REYES BAY AREA BPL TRIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 370 total)
  • Author
    David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Ken,
    Count me in. I'll pay my way in wine or beer since your not accepting money!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Katharina Pierini, either alone or plus 1, not 2.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Also, anything brewing sooner?

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Locale: Sudamerica

I know I didn't make it last time, wussing out with the threat of rain and a drive from LA, but I'll step up to the plate this inning. Been looking forward to meeting some of you guys finally.

Car pool, Josh?

Hey, are dogs allowed?

-michael

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I am in Ken for Saturday night!

kevin smith

@divr6347

im in for sure but
    wife saw the pics from last year and decided she wants to go can i put in for 2 more?? also i will be willing to kick down some cash for permits or whatnot if needed
    just let me know

looks like this years trip will be awesome

thanks guys
    divr63477

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I'm good for Saturday only…..

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yes Ken I can secure a second site. No dogs Michael.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Looks like we're in for just one day if Kevin brings 2 more. What should we look for in the way of temps/rain? any poision oak up that way? I thought the winter hike was going to be in Dec? Maybe I was reading another post. So is the winter hike going to be in Feb. March then? Can't wait for snow camping!!!!! Glad to see you're going to make this trip Tony I shall bring my camera also. Jack

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Looks like site #1 is full up. If a site #2 happens I would add my name to the list of people going. I would be happy to paypal money to someone for the reservation if that would be helpful and could drive. Wildcat sounds good to me. Coastal camp is just to close in.

–Mark

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

I'm in for Saturday night at Wildcat camp. I missed out last year due to a last minute scheduling conflict. I'm more than happy to pony up my share of the permit even if I can't make it for some reason. I can also help out with carpooling from one trialhead to another.

Richard

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Ken,

Just count me as 1, not 3.

This will create space for others.

Besides, wife and child aren't gear geeks. :)

Jack….the more cameras the better!

Maybe you can do the trip report on this one?

-Tony

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

Haven't popped in this thread, but planning on attending. Ken, I can pitch in for cost if needed to secure a second site.

Partner wants to come too (but will bail if weather is nasty).

So Nate +1.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

we are going to need another site. There are two group sites available. Would someone be interested in securing the second site.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Nate I have you plus 1.

Let's put ceiling on this for the moment until I get this afternoon from work.

Ken Thompson had pm'd me on Facebook that he would help with the second site. Now this is a crapshot due to we both need to secure sites, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I will go through the second site list later today

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

this is shaping up to be a really cool trip, how cool would that be to come down to wildcat, and everyone is a BPL'er ! great pics for sure will be had, along with all that great gear to show off and check out, it will be like a UL convention… in the field. Hats off to Ken for putting this together, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you… hopully we get the second site.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Ken and Others,

I'm in as well!

AND NO WIMPING OUT DUE TO BAD WEATHER

Who's going to jump in Bass Lake with me on the hike in?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

If we want to try for the weekend of Jan 23/24. We can try to reserve two group spots this Friday. Oh, and I'm down for Fri. and Sat. nights. All in favor……..

Joshua Billings
    BPL Member

@joshua

Locale: Santa Cruz,Ca

I'm in for maybe 2.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

That's a better weekend for me.

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

I'm in.

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Anybody know if there are any bass in bass lake.

Jesse H.
    BPL Member

@tacedeous

last time I was there I saw a guy with a fishing pole heading towards it, I asked if there was fish, he said he herd there was…

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

I can only do one night….Sat. I think that if there are two night then each group night is $40 per night. It is not like a trailhead reservation and wilderness fee that you would get at Yosemite, Kings etc.

Reservation 1-25 for camp one is finished. For the second camp Ken Thompson will be getting a permit for it. Those that are after the first 25 will be on that and subject to seeing if we can get the second site. The alternative would be for those that would like to make sure they have spot beyond the first 25 would be to reserve a spot at Wildcat. I know that we all check the internet at various degrees and my apologies for those that did not sign up in time for the first 25 but this was the only way to be fair. With that said, I really don't think there will be a problem getting 2 sites reserved this far in advance

David Lutz

@davidlutz

What weekend did you get?

And thanks!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 370 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools