Topic

Point Reyes Trip January 24th-Please Read

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Point Reyes Trip January 24th-Please Read

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I'll bring my tarp. I can shuttle 6 besides myself. The rain got here this evening. Not much of a system so far, just a little drizzle.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

Note that there are no trees at these campsites, so you'll have to get creative pitching a group tarp; perhaps someone can bring some pole extenders/wrap to connect trekking poles together? I probably can't make it, but if I do will bring a 10×12 tarp.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I have trekking pole connector and a folding tent pole(Golite Hex pole). I am also bringing a tripod camp chair to enjoy under a tarp…such a short hike why not be comfortable and BEER!!!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Guys

This trip has cluttered up the Forum for many weeks: there had better be a good Trip Report at the end of it, with photos!

Cheers (and enjoy)

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I'm with Roger.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Tent/Tarp OptionsP1200540P1200540

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Locale: Sudamerica

Hey Jay, seeing that pole extension and the tarp vestibule coming off your mid, I imagined a system of tarps connected end to end, sharing poles. We could find ourselves with a long, sweeping cover overhead.

I gotta say, this is all so freakish for a gaggle of UL Backpackers most accustomed to solo adventures.

Definitely bringing a six-pack of beer and a chair.
    Maybe a boombox too.
    And a gun.

_michael

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I can just see it now in the news:

"UL Backpackers found drunk and shot over an argument about who has the lightest pack and who gets the dry spot under the tarp."

This is going to be odd in that we are probabaly all used to carrying gear for solo trips and now we are doing something communally….the UL gods must be rolling their eyes at our silliness.

P.S. On a slightly serious note, I like guns and I have a good sense of humor, but I would not recommend bringing a gun. Guns and alcohol don't mix well. (If you meant the comment in jest, please forgive my over reacting concern).

-Tony

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Michael I had to read your post a couple times to get the joke. The boombox gave it away for me, I am slow!

Roger, you should come along on this hike. Then we would not have to post pics because you were there.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Ken,
    What is the current head-count?
    Aside from Michael, will there be any security?
    I'm guessing that at ~ $500 each there's going to be a lot of bling floating around.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Security??? You have me and that is enough!

I am sure that we will be turning some heads at camp. The camp holds around 15 spots or so and I am sure that we will be the talk of the area. I think we have 18 or so????

Jeremy Pendrey
    BPL Member

@pendrey

Locale: California

Saturday: a.m. showers, cloudy afternoon, 30% chance of rain
    Sunday: showers possible, 30% chance of rain.
    Of course, take with a grain of salt since weather reports are almost never right.
    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

Is someone going to get one? If it's not raining, a driftwood bonfire on the beach would be nice….

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Picked up one yesterday! burn baby burn!

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

if he still has antennae

(re: his avatar)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools