Topic

Ultralight gear in Iceland.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Ultralight gear in Iceland.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    OziasHikes
    BPL Member

@ozias-2

hey everyone. I am planning a trip to Iceland to hike the laugavegur trail. I’m curious if anyone has any experience with Cuben fibre tents in Iceland. I know Iceland can have nasty wind. I currently use a zpacks duplex, does anyone think this will be an issue?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    OziasHikes
    BPL Member

@ozias-2

Thanks for the link. Looks like I should be good. I’ll make sure to add those extra tieouts

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

It may sound like heresy, but unless you’re hiking the Landmanaluger in 2 days, you probably don’t need to go UL(and why hike it in two days as it is a beautiful place).  It’s a pretty easy hike, though the climb from Porsmork to Skaftafell can be a bit grueling.  I would recommend bringing a GPS.

Have fun

OziasHikes
    BPL Member

@ozias-2

Got a bad back so I like to be as light as possible. Plus I’m not use to climbing mountains. It’s flat where I live. So lighter the better for me. As long as the gear will perform well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools