Topic

Trip of a lifetime ;)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip of a lifetime ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Hi Åšteven, no ….he has never been to Europe. I am going to Swizerland alone in June but we are hoping to make it there together next year.

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

Congrats Kat! I wish you and Christopher continued happiness on your trip of a lifetime.  I hope to see you soon on the trail and catch up.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks David!

It’s been too long since we have hiked together .

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Kat,

Heartfelt congratulations to both of you. Here’s to a long union filled with good health, prosperity, and happiness. He’s lucky, you’re a wonderful woman.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Nick, that means a lot to me.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That’s a really nice meeting each other story. Congrats!

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

So happy for you, and the very lucky gentlemen. Looking forward to our next hike. It’s been 7 years since Rae Lakes.

Jane Baack
    BPL Member

@janeb

This is wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Christopher. How wonderful that you’ve known each other for years and now will make new memories full of special love and joy! Wishing you much happiness in the coming years.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

Wonderful news! Happiness to you all.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@Matthew thanks, I think so too.

@Casey
    thanks! I still use your downhill technique btw. Saved me many a fall, I am pretty sure.

@Jane
    thank you very much:) I am sewing your pocket right now..

@Katherine
    thanks!

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

Kat, I am very happy to hear this good news, you sound incredibly happy.  Best of luck to you both!

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

What a wonderful development!  Now you can experience everything in a whole new way — and just as your daughter is ready to launch… perfect timing.  Two “determined” people can learn to enjoy each other’s stubbornness; it just takes a little longer. ;^)  Congratulations to both of you.

DancingBear
    BPL Member

@dancingbear

Locale: Central Indiana

Congratulations, and I wish you many years of health and happiness!

Walt

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thank you Valerie, Walt and “Malto”!

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

Congratulations! Loved reading how it all happened, too. :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@Dena Kelley thank you :)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Oops!  Just reading this for the first time!

We’ve already communicated offline but you are a lovely couple and I wish you many years of DLFedness together.

In our house, Amy is the stubborn one and I’m the easy going agreeable one (cough).

OK maybe we’re both a little stubborn but we’re celebrating 20 years this October.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

“He would also drop his kids off and had 3 beautiful Aussies in his truck”.
    There are a lot of nice looking people here but why did he have three of them in his truck ?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Ian!

Ha Franco…I was wondering if someone would call me on that :) They were 3 beautiful shepherds. We have the daughter and granddaughter of one of them now. Aussies are such wonderful dogs..

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Who cares what they do for work.  Beautiful girls, we want photos.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

The original 3 were siblings, two boys, Buddy and Ozzie, and one girl, Shorty. All three are dead now but Shorty’s daughter Zoe is alive and well and so is her daughter Lucy. I will dig up pictures at some point soon :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Sorry Ken, I cannot locate a picture of the original 3 aussies right now. I will at some point soon when I clean up the storage closet :-0!

I do have a couple pictures to share though :)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/katpierini/Dvy1x9

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

We might go backpacking together at the end of May :)

Even if this is a one time deal and it turns out Chris does not like it as much as I do, it’s ok. It is nice that we are both ok, happy actually, that the other is their own little unit with interests and passions in life that are there regardless of the other person’s involvement.

I am thinking somewhere in the Ventana Wilderness; not very far and there should be plenty of water to enjoy a good swim. Dogs are allowed as well.

We’ll see if I can actually take him away from work.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Kat,

My wife has never backpacked and never will. But she loves camping. So I camp with her more than I backpack — we camp a lot, so I still get to backpack more than most people. It’s all good. Different interests between spouses is a good thing as long as each is totally committed to each other and each can freely engage in their individual interests without any negativity in the relationship.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

“Different interests between spouses is a good thing as long as each is totally committed to each other and each can freely engage in their individual interests without any negativity in the relationship”

I agree. We are there, completely committed, which feels so good and right, and solid in our individuality, if that is the right word.

It would be nice to share backpacking but I am not attached to the outcome. Now next year’s trip to Switzerland I am pretty sure Chris will enjoy : lots of excavators, even mini ones way up in the mountains moved by helicopter, independent stubborn people ;);) stone buildings, beautiful mountains, tricky roads and the best translator/interpreter :)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools