Topic

Trip of a lifetime ;)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip of a lifetime ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Chaff is too dark a place for this, so I will sneak it in here but don’t tell Roger…

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I found my match and he’s been my friend for a long time. Our paths finally joined and nothing ever felt so right. We are both determined people ( cough…stubborn;) and even more so together. It was a private ceremony and then my daughter and his two kids threw us a little celebration which is something the two of us don’t really do: the cake, the pictures, lots of laughter but also genuine support .
    Life is short, too short not to live it authentically so here’s to that because we are both “something else”.
    Christopher and I are married but more than that we are partners in life and in love :)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Awesome!

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

Too good!  Congratulations and thank you letting us know!  (and I say this on my 36th wedding anniversary)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@ Ken thank you  my friend !

Thanks Alex…36 years, what an inspiration !

The cake our kids had made for us :)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Excellent , well done !!!

bjc
    BPL Member

@bj-clark-2-2

Locale: Colorado

Congratulations! All the best to you both.

BJ

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Congratulations Kat. I wish you both many, many years of love, laughter and an abundance of silliness (helps keep you young :-).

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Congratulations! I can hear the smile in your voice and look forward to more trip reports.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Kat, I am so very happy for you! I wish you all the best of everything – laughter, loving moments, and all the other good stuff that your lives together will bring.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Congratulations, Kat – I wish you both a long and happy journey together!  (seems like yours is more of a pre-trip announcement, in that sense anyway)

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Wonderful news, Kat! Best wishes for you both on this new trip of a lifetime!

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Congratulations and best wishes to you and Christopher for many memorable experiences on your path!

(I like dk’s “pre-trip announcement” lol!)

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Congrats, Kat! Glad you have a partner on all of your trips. May you always sleep warm and comfortable, together.

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

We are both determined people ( cough…stubborn)

Haha, same here. 17 years about a month ago. Knew I wanted to marry her after three weeks (this was when I was still a student).

How did you meet each other?
    Congratulations.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

What wonderful news Kat, so happy for you and Christopher. Congratulations and best wishes from Andrea and me for health, happiness, adventure and great times together. Tanta felicitĂ ! I nostri migliori auguri!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thank you all very much for the wonderful words and wishes:)

How we met…apparently 19 years ago I stopped at the little coastal cafe on my way to the farm I was working at :  ” you walked in wearing Carharrt overalls, boots and a toddler on your hip and I thought Who Is THAT??”. Then about 3 years later I would see him while dropping Libby off to school in the same little town. He would also drop his kids off and had 3 beautiful  Aussies in his truck. I thought he looked grumpy. After a year of just seeing one another like that I finally smiled at him and he smiled the most heart warming smile back at me (we were both single but weary of dating while having little kids). Another year later his daughter was interested in the crafts I was teaching at the school and wanted to come over to play. That was the beginning of our relationship and after years of weaving in and out of each other’s lives, some growth and some pain, our paths finally aligned :):)

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

Cheers to that! Love reading how people got together.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

^^^^how about you Ito?

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Good for you Kat, I wish you two the best.

Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

Congratulations Kat (and Christopher)!

Being determined myself, I can only imagine the two of you together :) Enjoy this trip of a life time! We haven’t seen each other in a while. May be we should plan another Skyline-to-the-Sea like weekend.

All the Best!

Manfred

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

wow!  Great story.  Congrats

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

Congratulations, Kat!

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Craig and Jerry and Erik :)

@Manfred thank you! Wait… you determined ( stubborn)  ??? Nah.. ;)

But you did see me in action with that hammock and the ranger, eh?

Let’s do a coastal trip…You would enjoy one another’s company as well.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hey Kat, Have you taken him to your stall?

(that’s only a euphemism if you want it to be!)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools