Topic

GGG 2018

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 10 posts - 176 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Jane Baack
    BPL Member

@janeb

Thanks for the trip information. Just a quick look at some of the photos indicates that you had your usual great family trips!
    We have permits for a late July trip with our daughter and two grandchildren for May Lake campground (not High Sierra Camp) and beyond, down to Glen Aulin and then to the Tuolumne backpacker’s camp.
    Will definitely study your two trips to Yosemite for possible future trips. Thanks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Sun, thanks.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Guys,

I’m out for sure.  I just spent the last several minutes doing my best to cough up a lung.

Have fun.  Burn lots of stuff, and POST PHOTOS (please).

HJ

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Eeew Jim, gross.

Lots of controlled flame, promise.

Look for the report here  GGG X

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Latest NWS forecast, note the Hazardous Weather Outlook at the end.

Could be very windy and cold starting Saturday night.

— Rex

Tonight – Clear, with a low around 36. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
    Friday – Sunny, with a high near 63. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
    Friday Night – Clear, with a low around 41. North wind around 8 mph.
    Saturday – Sunny, with a high near 66. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
    Saturday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 42. East northeast wind 5 to 11 mph becoming west in the evening.
    Sunday – Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
    Sunday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
    Washington’s Birthday – Sunny, with a high near 51.
    Monday Night – Mostly clear, with a low around 30.

Hazardous Weather Outlook

After a brief warmup on Friday and Saturday, a big change in the weather will occur late in the weekend. A dry cold front is forecast to move through the area later in the weekend. This cold front will potentially cause the following weather hazards:

Locally strong and gusty west to northwest winds are likely from late Saturday through Sunday and potentially into Monday as well. The strongest winds are expected near the coast on Sunday, when wind gusts up to 40 mph are possible.

In addition, the airmass following this cold front may be the coldest of the season. Temperatures early next week will fall well below normal. Widespread freezing temperatures are possible for inland areas beginning Monday night and patchy frost may occur near the coast. The coldest night is expected to be Monday night, but Tuesday and Wednesday night will likely be cold as well. Freeze Warnings and/or Frost Advisories may be issued.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

But we all go anyway. No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothes.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

All right. I am loading up the last bits in the car and will be on the road by 7am. Hope all your questions are answered. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Drive safe.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

For anyone who had not yet decided for Coe, I will be there Sat and will have a few things to sell/swap including…

MLD grace duo Cuben tarp

Lawson clone of the above tarp

HMG Echo I shelter system

GG LT4 poles

OR Verglas gaiters

and… free beer and water. Hydration is always a priority :) looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Les Waddel
    BPL Member

@tridrles49

Locale: Central Cali

Sorry I won’t be making it this year everyone… My Mom just got out of a care facility and I just can’t leave my wife to take care of her alone.

See you next year.

Les

Mark V.
    BPL Member

@room210

Locale: Northern California

I too am sorry that I will not make it. I was hoping to get there today, but it is just not going to work out. I was looking forward to meeting you all.

Maybe next year.

Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 176 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools