Topic

GGG 2018

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Ha, thanks Greg. So double most likely. We have never run out of room. Was thinking about Erica’s concern on water. I think we are up to 65 gallons driven into camp

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

I have some included parking permits available. I like to give these to folks who are helping or have driven far to get here. I have reached out to the ones I am aware of. PM if this is you. Thanks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

My plan is to get there Friday by 2pm. The park is expecting us so there should be no issue if you get there early.

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Locale: Midwest

Man, if we didn’t have a baby at home I’d fly out and join. I would love to meet the folks from this forum. Maybe another time…

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

OK, Ken, it’s worked out and I’m now in for my 3rd GGG!

I’m coming into SJC on Friday morning and I’ll be renting a car if anyone needs a ride. I need to be back at the airport on Sunday for a 4:50 flight. The only caveat: I may try to meet a friend for lunch on Sunday in Palo Alto or San Jose, so anyone riding with me would have to leave a little early.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Am I invited?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Nick

You too can be a repeat offender. See you there with Peter and Doug. You’re in fine company.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Need a couple volunteers to help run the contests as David isn’t going to make it.

PM me. Thanks.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Will be great to see you Steven.

Just passed $300 collected so far. That’s awesome this early on and covers the cost of the sites. Thank you.

I can’t wait!

R
    Spectator

@autox

Bummed to be missing this – a trip Red Rocks on the long weekend won out.

Hope to make it next year!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Sorry to miss you Rene.

Over 50 now planning on attending.

Jane Baack
    BPL Member

@janeb

Haven’t checked in yet but planning on coming. Will maybe bring husband or friend and pay accordingly when I see you. I am already “missing” next year’s GGG so I hope we can continue this tradition. At my first GGG I inspected two different versions of the Hexamid and put it on my wish list. I’ve enjoyed many trips with that tent. Two men I met at my first GGG made me cat food can alcohol stoves and sent them in the mail. One later sent, at his own expense, his TarpTent Moment for a friend to try. Helpful and friendly people over the years!

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

I’m planning to bring along my wife Muzzy.  (Aka Muzzleopogus) So that’s another one for the count.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Awesome.

Gearswap live in the parking lot Sunday.

Richard Niemi
    BPL Member

@rickniemi

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains

Ken, I have two guests coming along. They are new to backpacking and want to see all the cool lightweight gear we all have.
    I know parking is $8 per day. What is the camp fee or suggested donation price?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Was just thinking of you today wondering if you were coming. More the merrier. Let’s say $10.

Richard Niemi
    BPL Member

@rickniemi

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains

Great! I paypaled you some dinero.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

All we need now is good weather and someone to run some contests. David isn’t coming so we need a substitute. You’ll get free parking. It’ll be fun.

$10 a head will cover expenses.

I have a few parking passes left. Hit me up if you are coming a long ways.

Jane Baack
    BPL Member

@janeb

Any word from Jack Elliot or Kevin Smith in Bakersfield?? They used to come regularly, sometimes rode bikes in from parking lot.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Jane, I haven’t heard from Kevin or Jack in years.  Jack did break his ankle on a trip and kinda fell off the map after that.

Stephen Bing
    BPL Member

@stephbing

Locale: SoCal

I’m thinking hard of coming for this from LA! I may or may not come with the wife but I’m excited to meet like-minded folks and checking out cool gear.

Quick question, I know there’s water available. Is there an amount of water you need each attendee to bring for themselves?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

LIke Jane, I miss Jack. He was great to talk to and a fun guy to have around.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Would there be interest and time for me to do a half an hour or so of my wildlife show? If so, anyone have a little projector that would work for this?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I would most certainly like that.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Stephen, a couple of liters. Don’t kill yourselves just be aware that water needs to be hauled in. I’ll bring in about 60 gallons.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools