Topic

Am I forgetting anything for a Sierra trip?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Am I forgetting anything for a Sierra trip?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

"Now I will shut up."

No you won't.

But seriously, I could see if the map weighed like 4 ounces or something, but a few pieces of paper……just shove em in the bottom of whatever you are using to keep your down stuff dry and forget about it. Unless you need it.

For goodness sake, you're bringing a COT!!!!!

Which does look pretty sweet, by the way.

I, for one, was far more concerned about the lack of sunglasses and the bringing of the ursack.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

So glad I suggested you move your post here. Been fun. Wish I was on the PCT.

TJ W
    BPL Member

@thadjw

Ken,Ha! No kidding. Thanks for the idea. There is some helpful feedback here. When I'm back I'll weigh everything. What is the cheapest way to get a scale that I can weigh items accurately with? I looked on amazon and everything I saw was expensive. Maybe some old triple beam balance that will be accurate. I'll post weights in the future.

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

TW the cot is an intriguing piece of your puzzle to say the least. I myself have looked at them with wanting eyes but I cant justify the weight.
    However it takes "trailblazers" like you to move the cot technology forward.

Someday we will have 16oz cots. So as on who looks to the future-

I want pics & a very detailed report on the T-rest cot. Tell BPL why it works
    The Good, Bad the ugly. Interested in a first person user report!

Have fun,be safe

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

"I myself have looked at them with wanting eyes but I cant justify the weight. "

Sub in some Ti for main structural supports, and maybe some Cuben for the bed. Fix that puppy right up. Might even come in under $1000 and under a lb.

The multi-use is what I'm worried about. We need to come up with a way to rearrange both the frame and the cuben to act as the pack as well.

* insert non-existent satirical smiley here *

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools