Topic

New 2013 Tarptent Models

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
Jeffs Eleven BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 6:31 pm

You guys are killing me.

Is it wrong to want all of these?

Yes- can you say 'Goodbye Mutha Hubba- Hellooo CB3'?

Too bad its not CB4… I love that movie.
"Straight outta Low Cash, I'm kickin up the shit"

Heath Pitts BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Being able to buy the fly only might be the answer for people that dislike mid shelters due to the pole being in the center. I have the SS1 and it seems to help a lot with usable space

Alex Wallace BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I had a surprise on my doorstep when I got home from work.

Tarptent DW

Tarptent DW open

I'm really looking forward to using it next weekend on the coast.

ed hyatt BPL Member
PostedMar 3, 2013 at 11:34 pm

So what's the all-up weight Alex?

Henry

"The interior is 10 oz (10.1 actually), the fly + stakes + stuffsack is 34-10 = 20 oz. Of the 20 oz, the included arch pole is 6.5 ounces. The "crossing pole" is a 7-ounce option"

Perhaps it's the £/$ exchange rate but I make that 34 oz – around 960g – is that right?

Not that I need another tent….

cheers,

ed

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedMar 4, 2013 at 5:16 am

Can we see a photo with a 25" wide pad and someone over 6" in there?

diego dean BPL Member
PostedMar 4, 2013 at 7:04 am

Id also like to see two 77×25 inch pads with a long (6'6) bag in the CB 3. I think it should fit without ends touching. Also what size will the CB3 pack to?

PostedMar 4, 2013 at 7:32 am

> Can we see a photo with a 25" wide pad and someone over 6" in there?

I'll get one posted, at least the 25" x 77" pad. There are no changes to the floor length/width from the prior Moment so all previous long/wide pad photos or comments still apply. FWIW, I'm 5'11" and you can see me inside the standalone interior in the setup video.

-H

Edit – this photo now posted on the Moment DW page. Pad fits very well.

Moment DW - large/wide pad

PostedMar 4, 2013 at 7:40 am

> Id also like to see two 77×25 inch pads with a long (6'6) bag in the CB 3. I think it should fit without ends touching. Also what size will the CB3 pack to?

Those will fit easily though photo proof will have to wait a couple of weeks as all prototype samples are now at our Seattle factory.

Packed size is currently 20" x 4.5 due to the folded arch pole length. Down the road a bit it will be 18" x 4.5" when our next pole shipment arrives. The body can be stuffed into whatever size/shape you want if you store the folded poles (currently 20") separately.

-H

diego dean BPL Member
PostedMar 4, 2013 at 8:01 am

Will the reduced poled length (20 inch to 18 inch) also apply to the Moment DW? Probably most dont care, but I have found the shorter the better for thinks like bikepacking.

PostedMar 4, 2013 at 8:04 am

> Will the reduced poled length (20 inch to 18 inch) also apply to the Moment DW? Probably most dont care, but I have found the shorter the better for thinks like bikepacking.

Yes, same. Just waiting for the next pole shipment. We have already made the switch on the Rainbow and Double Rainbow.

-H

PostedMar 5, 2013 at 2:56 pm

The new TT Moment with a "solid" inner tent will make a nice solo winter tent. I can wait for it and then sell my current Gen 1 Moment, crossing pole and liner.

(Of course I'll have to mod the new Moment with an inner crossing pole beneath the fly! ;o)

With either the factory outer crossing pole or a modded interior crossing pole this Moment DW will be far more winter-worthy than the Hilleberg Akto in terms of being able to withstand wind and snow loads.

Yeah, five or six more ounces but that outweighs the advantages it offers.

ed hyatt BPL Member
PostedMar 6, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I'll try again….

Henry

"The interior is 10 oz (10.1 actually), the fly + stakes + stuffsack is 34-10 = 20 oz. Of the 20 oz, the included arch pole is 6.5 ounces. The "crossing pole" is a 7-ounce option"

Perhaps it's the £/$ exchange rate but I make that 34 oz – around 960g – is that right?

Checked and that seems to concur with the website weight?

If you have run up a 'Scarp type' inner – how much (provisionally) did that weigh?

PostedMar 6, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Henry,

When deciding on the best venting for a solid interior try putting colored smoke inside the tent, then turn on a big fan and see which version vents the smoke out best with the least area of mesh.

You may not need mesh on the roof area, just high on the sides.

BPLwiia BPL Member
PostedMar 13, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I was looking at TT's website and can't seem to find the height. Anyone know?

PostedMar 13, 2013 at 3:13 pm

> When deciding on the best venting for a solid interior try putting colored smoke inside the tent

Good idea. I'll shoot an email over to the Vatican to see how they make theirs — when the white smoke comes out I'll know it's done.

PostedMar 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Anybody (Alex Wallace?) have a chance to take the Moment DW out yet?

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedMar 13, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I really like the look of the CB3, it would be perfect for bringing the wife on trips as she likes tents with lots of space.

Travis L BPL Member
PostedMar 13, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Stephen,

The CB3 is the first tent ever that my wife would consider trading for our Double Rainbow.

I dig it too.

Stuart . BPL Member
PostedMar 13, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Uh-oh, Stephen. That'd be 5 shelters and counting. I have to agree with you, the CB3 looks like a 3 season, maybe 3.5 season Hilleberg killer. If the Kaitum and the Anjan had a love-child, it'd be the CB3, albeit with different skintones.

PostedMar 14, 2013 at 11:17 am

I like the new Moment. I like the fact a solid inner will be on the way. The only big thing I'd prefer on it is a flysheet that goes to ground- but maybe that's just me.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 99 total)
Loading...