Topic

New 2013 Tarptent Models

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
Peter S BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 4:34 pm

looks really nice…

55 ounces / 1559 grams (with optional inner liner)

If i wanted a new roomy 2P tunnel tent, i'd get this, or wait for the winter Caffin coffin…

Edit: Btw, thank you Dave for the news!

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Is the Rainshadow 2 the lightest 3 person fully enclosed shelter on the market, whether Tarp Tent or others? I need to pick something up for time with my young sons…

Alex Wallace BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Purchased and on it's way. I'm really looking forward to using this.

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Gee you guys are quick.
I just got an email from Cynthia, and before I could blink, someone has already posted the news.
The Moment DW looks really nice!

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I believe the RAINSHADOW is the lightest. I have 3 and they are great lots of room and simple setup good wind load and condensate is so so
Kids can really make condensation for some reason.
We love ours and super lite

Hope this helps.

Scott Hayden BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I just started to put together a spreadsheet on tents. Went to put the moment on there and got confused by the DW that was suddenly there. Curious to know what has changed on the model. Seems the liner is now included? Still looks like a great tent. So far I don't have much on my spreadsheet to compare. Thanks for the update.

Konrad . BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Scott,
Not just a liner, but rather, a true separate inner tent making it a true double wall tent. In summary= heavier weight, more versatility, less condensation issues.

Travis L BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Hey Konrad, I guess we have our answers! (from that 'secret' thread)

Scott Hayden BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Konrad thanks for the info. At 34 oz, without the extra pole for freestanding, seems pretty light to me. May just move to the top of my list.

Travis L BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:35 pm

There's something kinda awesome about the CB3. Can't put my finger on it…


"Oh, more gear porn :-)"

Wait. There's ALSO gear porn!?!!?! My late night web searches have been far too narrow…

Greg F BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:48 pm

The vertical mesh is really well designed. Makes the useable area much greater. Same weight as the new Golite Imo3. The GL is 6" wider at the entrance and the same at the foot but the cloudburst seems like it would have alot more usable space. Great design.

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Henry, Franco, will a solid inner be available for the new Moment?

Foo Bar BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 6:59 pm

The CB3 looks especially inviting.

Interesting that Henry made a DW Moment, as just this past week I began pining for what could be described as the inverse: a single walled, single doored/vestibuled Notch. I was guesstimating it could be in the 23-24 oz range and give me an 'upgrade' in terms of weight, stability, vestibule coverage, usable headroom and snow shedding ability from my Contrail.

Super cool to see Henry keep on incrementally refining and innovating year after year. Can't wait to see them on the trail!

diego dean BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:03 pm

With the additional 3rd pole and inner available on the CB3, I wonder if this would be a great lightweight winter tunnel tent? Hopefully the sides can be pitched close enough to the ground to keep spindrift out. I had been looking at getting a Hillenburg but this might do the trick for most of my non expedition winter trips.

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:12 pm

> Henry, Franco, will a solid inner be available for the new Moment?

Yes, though it may have to wait until later summer. Our production team is pretty slammed. I'm thinking it will be more Scarp/StratoSpire style–all solid with mesh vents at top of doors–than the open mesh roof style on the Notch interior but I'm opening to lobbying and good beer ;-)

-H

BER — BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Had been looking at the GL Imogene 3 today, but I like the vertical end walls of the CB3 better. Looking forward to seeing more on this. Any news on the price point yet?

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I like the weight, even with the added crossing pole and snow capability of the Moment. Would be a pound lighter than my BD Hilight. Would not be spin drift proof due to all that netting still. The vestibules would be nice in snow and wind for using stoves, which I'd like in a snow storm, just not high winds.
Duane

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:29 pm

> Any news on the price point yet?

We're not quite in production just yet although we start cutting fabric tomorrow. I wont have sewing costs for 2-3 weeks. I'll get it posted on the Cloudburst 3 page as soon as we know. Best guess is that will certainly be competitive with the Imogene 3.

-H

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 99 total)
Loading...