Topic

New 2013 Tarptent Models

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 99 total)
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:34 pm

> Hopefully the sides can be pitched close enough to the ground to keep spindrift out.

The CB3 has a low fly edge–about 2.5" all the way around–so, yes, if you can manage a very small snow wall.

BER — BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Thank you for the quick response, Mr. Shires. I will continue to watch this one.

Travis L BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 8:06 pm

>but I'm opening to lobbying and good beer ;-)

I home brew. Some cases for a CB3? ;)

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Sorry Travis. The only good beer is farther north. He will have to come to Canada for a trade.

Jeffs Eleven BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Yeah That CB3 is looking purty man.

Feelin all nostalgic for my old Cloudburst. At least I sold it to my friend so I can still use it.

ooooH I just noticed the optional 3rd pole. Henry has his eyes on my wallet.

PostedFeb 28, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Fantastic! I figured with the recent sale that a new Moment must be brewing. I've been waiting a while to pull the trigger on a new solo tent. Well, the Moment has arrived. :) I'll be ordering in a few weeks. Thanks for the keen work Henry and co.

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 7:20 am

Henry or Franco, can you give separate weights of fly, inner, and included crossing pole?
Thx.

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 7:50 am

> Henry or Franco, can you give separate weights of fly, inner, and included crossing pole?

The interior is 10 oz (10.1 actually), the fly + stakes + stuffsack is 34-10 = 20 oz. Of the 20 oz, the included arch pole is 6.5 ounces. The "crossing pole" is a 7-ounce option.

-H

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 7:59 am

Wow! Thank you Henry, a winter shelter (non-storm) about 1.5 lbs. I could lose 2 lbs. from using my BD Hilight. I may have to hold off getting that new, large capacity backpack for winter trips, until the dust settles.
Duanr

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 8:06 am

Thanks for the quick reply! Again, looks like an awesome versatile shelter (esp for someone like me who doesn't use trekking poles). Can't wait to order.

Eric Lundquist BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 8:44 am

Henry,

Will you be including a setup video of the CB3 when it's ready for market?

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 8:59 am

"> Will you be including a setup video of the CB3 when it's ready for market?

Yes, definitely."

Will you also be including a setup video while being really drunk for our Scottish friends?

Michael K BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 10:49 am

Wow! that Cloudburst 3 looks great to fulfill my present search for a light 2 person double walled 2 person palace . With my new Wide inflatable (synmat LW)….typical 2 person shelters don't really work. I just hope that it'll be reasonably priced.

Mary D BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 11:12 am

I note that the Cloudburst 3 can add an optional hoop pole in the middle, making it a true tunnel tent. You may not have to wait for Roger's! It's also the same height the entire length.

Of course it's definitely heavier than the Rainshadow.

Donna C BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 1:05 pm

And I just bought the Contrail. I'm happy with that decision. : )

HkNewman BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Just when you thought it was safe for your credit card to go outside …

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 2:31 pm

The CB3 looks pretty nice Henry. Love the center pole option.

"Wait. There's ALSO gear porn!?!!?! My late night web searches have been far too narrow…"

Travis you need to work on your search parameters.

Search: "girls with big tents"…

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedMar 1, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Back on track boys and girls.

I think Mrs. M would find the Cloudburst 3 highly satisfactory.

PostedMar 1, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Something else new from Tarptent.
you can now buy the Strato Spire 1 (20 oz) and 2 (25 oz) as "fly only"
$180 and $210
TT SS1
TT SS2

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 99 total)
Loading...