Topic

Cache Creek 11/12/11

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Cache Creek 11/12/11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    James Winstead
    Spectator

@james_w

Locale: CA

I'm very iffy still and don't have my own transport available.

Unfortunately I'd say count me out for now, with a shot in the dark chance that I'll be emailing some people Thursday night to try finding a ride.

edit: Rain Jacket…pssh. Matt your such a sissy.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Yeah, I am a big sissy, James. I am even bringing a 3/4 length Ridgerest.

Eli is not 100% on driving. If Eli is unable to go, I will be bringing my car out to Mission Bay and hitting the Bay Bridge directly from work. I have a station wagon and will take anyone who can fit and make it to the City around 5:00PM. Gas money is always welcome.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I guess I should have seamed sealed my Moment last year. Maybe I'll just bring the 8×10 tarp and cowboy camp under it, gives me a big kitchen out of the rain also. I think Adam may be coming with me plus 1 more, will know more by Thur. looks like I'm sleeping in my truck on Fri. night at Adam's house, and driving up Sat. morning, hopefully early Sat. morning.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

So we should be prepared for snow then, huh Jack?

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I might be interested Ken if you don't mind me tagging along. I haven't met anyone from this site yet, hopefully that won't be awkward. I have wanted to check out cache creek for a while now. I would probably go north east past Clear Lake.
    Any idea on temps this time of year? I have a 35 degree bag, but could tote along an extra woobie (or two). What's this talk about snow?
    I am not totally not sure if I will busy though.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Come out Justin. Snow? Jack Elliot has a habit of making it snow on trips. Temps are expected to be upper 30's low 40's at night with 50's-60's for the high. Rain chance 40% or so.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

I'm not sure if I'm going or not. Currently my plan is for coastal camping, kayaking, surfing and wild harvesting in Mendocino. Those friends are notoriously fickle, so if they bail, I'll come to Cache Creek.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Everyone know where they are going and how to get there? There is a large parking area.

James DeMonaco
    BPL Member

@jdemonaco

Locale: PNW

I might be out, guys.

I've been burdened with a HEAVY work load this weekend and I don't think I'll have time to go.

DAMN! I was REALLY looking forward to this, too. I'll keep you guys posted if things change, but for now I would say count me out. :(

Sorry guys…

Jack H.

@found

"Everyone know where they are going and how to get there? There is a large parking area."

Not really. Redbud trailhead? http://yolohiker.org/trails/ccna/redbud/index.html

What time does the hiking start?

Not terribly enthused about hiking in the cold rain..

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

It appears that the chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday has dropped to 10%. This will be a cakewalk and I will leave my Giant's orange rain parka at home.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

That's the place. 9 AM. Now saying cloudy with 10% chance on Sat.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Sorry guys. I had plans to go to the city with my father this Saturday to see cirque du soleil. Kinda forgot about it until I was reminded. Have fun!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Have fun Justin. They put on a great show. See you in Feb.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

I am officially out. Doctor said it would be a bad idea hiking with my back. I am out of work for three weeks so I have plenty of time on my hands. I might car camp on Friday at the trailhead if my wife says it is ok

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Weather at a Glance as of now
    Weather Station
    Lower Lake
    Elevation
    1300 ft

Clear
    Temperature
    33.3 °F
    Feels Like 33 °F
    Wind(mph)
    Sunrise / Set
    6:46 AM
    5:01 PM
    Moon
    Full
    More Astronomy
    Tonight
    40 °F
    Partly Cloudy
    Tomorrow
    61 °F
    Partly Cloudy
    Tomorrow Night
    41 °F
    Rain Showers
    40% chance of precipitation
    Friday
    50 | 40 °F
    Rain Showers
    70% chance of precipitation
    Saturday
    56 | 41 °F
    Chance of Rain
    20% chance of precipitation
    Sunday
    56 | 40 °F
    Chance of Rain

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

I am currently planning to drive myself up immediately after work. I am leaving from San Francisco, close to Embarcadero. I will gladly take anyone but please let me know tonight.

I didn't realize the moon was almost full. Promises to be gorgeous out if we get a little break in the clouds.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Looks like me and Adam are in. I will drive up to his house in Davis Fri. after work arriving around midnight or later, then pancakes in the morning from Adam the Chef, and hopefuly at the trail head by 9:00 a.m. See everybody Sat.
    Snow maybe optional this weekend, it's harder for me to make it snow at lower elevations, but will give'r heck trying!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Sorry but my son has a soccer tournament this weekend and I really want to support him. Have a great trip friends and I am looking forward to the GGG in February.

–J.W.–

Jack H.

@found

I'm out. Going coastal camping and wild harvesting instead. Have fun!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Jay and Jack. You guys have a great weekend. I'll post some info when I get back.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Everything in the Harmony House backpacker kit looks delicious. Hard to decide what to bring.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

My question is lunch.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

I always go overboard on that and end up with a ton of stuff to bring home. Also a good opportunity to "dispose" of expired Clif bars and such. I am declining to take the tamari almonds I forgot to put in a sealed container six months ago. Straight into the compost bin.

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools