Topic

Rab down sleeping bags at least 60% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Rab down sleeping bags at least 60% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

yes, not dry would mean, in a snow cave, or in a drippy winter tent, not in the actual rain. In dry conditions, the Q (regular Pertex Quantum, which has pretty good DWR) would be better than the QE (Pertex Quantum Endurance, which has near-Goretex water-proofness, though of course the seams don't) only because it would be lighter, and would probably breathe better

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The summit 400 is currently up on steepandcheap for $99.99

Ryan Elsey

@paintballswimguy

Locale: Kansas City

If i buy, a left and a right zip quantum 400, can they be zipped together for me and my wife?

R B

@rb0101

I ordered 3 Quantum 400 bags. 2 are blue and black with Rab embroidered on the bag. 1 is all blue (different blue from the other bags) with Rab stamped on the bag in metallic paint (paint is no exactly perfect in the stamping). Anyone know what the difference is? The blue/black seems better to me. The item numbers on the tags are all the same.

I noticed some people have said they got all yellow Summits and others received yellow/black.

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

They could be different runs (batches). There is some variation in the down fill in some of the bags. From i can see – older bags (initial release) had lower rating of the fill, while later versions of some bags had the down fill upgraded.

Check the tags and see if they all have the same fill listed. Other than that, no ideas.

Can you post some pictures of the two different bags next to each other and also their tags?

Aaron Lehoux

@aaronjayl

Locale: Southern Maine

I'd be interested to hear if there are any other differences between them, such as fill power like Yuki mentioned. From the reviews I have seen, and pics people have posted, the blue/black seems to be the women's quantum 400, all blue is the men's quantum 400, and the all blue with yellow trim is the quantum endurance 400. From what I have seen with people posting pics around of the summit alpines, the 300's and 400' are all yellow with the 500's being yellow and black.

R B

@rb0101

I'll try to post pics later. The fill power labels both say 750+EU/850+US They are both the men's version and say "Quantum 400." The women's would have a W and be shorter.

RAB says they switch back and forth between embroidery and silk screened logos and couldn't tell me which is newer since the model is discontinued. They said the bags are the same except for color, but I have noticed some differences.

Fabric has slightly different feel between the two bags and the blue is not the same blue between the two bags.

all blue model:
    label says:
    Outer: Pertex Quantum
    Inner: Pertex Quantum
    Fill Weight: 400g European Goose Down
    Fill Power: 750+ EU/ 850+ US
    zipper guards on both sides of zipper
    face opening is smaller than blue/black

blue black model:
    label says:
    Outer: Pertex Quantum
    Inner: Pertex Quantum
    Fill Weight: 400g European Goose Down
    Fill Power: 96/4, fill power 750+ EU/ 850+ US
    zipper guard on non-baffle side only

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools