Topic

Rab down sleeping bags at least 60% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Rab down sleeping bags at least 60% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Doug L
    BPL Member

@mothermenke

Locale: Upstate NY

About twenty different models available at departmentofgoods.com marked down at least 60% off. Today only you can get an addtional $40 off a purchase of $200 or more, and as always free domestic shipping.

I am also under the impression that the site is advertising the EU fill power on some bags, not the US fill power ratings so you might be getting an even better deal.

Brian Latta

@skillet0

Locale: SW Michigan

Is there a code for the $40 off?

Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

The coupon code I received was 6J4-1-2HMBT.

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

Locale: SoCal

Can't find the specs on these bags, they're not on the RAB website.
    Pretty much all the mens versions seem to be long (6ft 6in).

Edit:
    S**t, I ordered the Rab Quantum 800, it came to $162.61 with this filler: Item DES0134.
    It's all your fault OP.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I'm surprised to see the RAB quantum top bag there. It's been gone for years (since about 2008). I think the specs are not correct as to the weight which should be more like 448 grams with stuff sack. A heck of a buy IMO.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Careful with the sizings. Dept of goods/Backcountry are notorious for having bad specs on their product (so pay the extra attention instead and you won't have to pay extra money!).

The rab gear is listed at 6ft 6in MAX USER HEIGHT but that's a "long" from rab. As you pick your size/color you'll see almost all the bags are listed as "REG" which I'm assuming is most likely the regular sized Rab bags which are usually 6ft IIRC.

So be wary if you're a tall guy/gal and email/chat with DeptofGoods first just to confirm what size you're buying if it matters to you.

Phenomenal prices though!

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

I've just contacted them and the line that says "max user height 6'6" is indeed incorrect.

The bags are regular size for up-to 6'

Chris Lee

@motofrog

Locale: Nor Cal

I ordered a set of the Rab Quantum 400's and they were the regular size however they were very long I would say fit for someone 6'6" My 6'5" friend could have easily fit into the bag.

I could live with the extra length but the zipper snagged way too much so they had to go back.

I hope someone follows up when they receive theirs, Maybe our order was a fluke.

Best of luck

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

yes, that would be interesting. When you sent yours back – did you end up paying for return shipping?

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

I ordered the regular, I hope it's 6ft, and not 6ft6. Their current bags are all 6ft6 for men. I'll post back once I get it. I haven't seen anything about free return shipping on their website.

Chris Lee

@motofrog

Locale: Nor Cal

Yeah I paid the return post using their $6 label but put 3 bags in the box.
    It was the zipper snagging problem that made me send them back so I wasn't about to jockey for free shipping back to them.
    The only other fit issue for me was the collar seemed a bit low for my body type.

Brad Walker

@brawa

Yea, the top bag has been tempting me for a while. Tried finding out more info about it online, but there's not much. Most online info is for the AR version (with the PL footbox, hood, and pad sleeve) or the older Qtop versions.

Anyone have any experience with this version of the Top Bag? http://www.departmentofgoods.com/rab-quantum-top-bag

110 in stock!

John Frederick Anderson
    BPL Member

@fredfoto

Locale: Spain

Hi,
    I use this bag, and love it. Not just the weight factor, mine weighs 476g without stuff sack. I've been down to about 0 degrees Celcius with a thermarest ridgerest inside and a very thin EVA pad on the outside of my bivy. YMMV of course. I also use a short Prolite inside, which is the key to trapping warmth and keeping you stable. I'm not a big fella, but have enough room to roll around with either of the mats inside.
    I like the simplicity, and the construction is first rate.
    If you can get one, it is a classic.
    I can't believe they have 110!!

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

With their advertised weight, I hope they are not trying to sell long versions as regular.

Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

i might just have to break down and order a quantum 800 … where the eff else are ya going to find a 0F bag for ~$160

i need a winter/alpine bag anyways

eff u OP … grrrr ….

well thank you for the savings actually ;)

edit … just contacted DOG … and it seems that all men rab bags are one size and good for up to 6'3 … the new prod line on rabs website seems to reflect this as well

eff it again … ARRRGGGGG

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

The info is so inconsistent from them. Here is my chat transcript:

Zack S.: how can I help?
    Yuki: And noticed that it says Max user hight as 6'6", but that's usually the length for the "long" version, yet when you select the bag – it says "reg" (which i assume is for "Regular"
    Zack S.: correct.
    Yuki: So will this bag actually fit 6'6"?
    Zack S.: no
    Zack S.: the regular length is 6ft.
    Zack S.: the long is 6'6"
    Yuki: Ah, i see…. So i do need to find a bag in "long" size
    Zack S.: how tall are you?
    Yuki: I'm 6'3"…
    Yuki: The Rab bags look like a great deal and i would love one, but need something that fits
    Zack S.: you would need a long bag.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/rab-quantum-endurance-800-sleeping-bag-0-degree-down

just ordered the quantum endurance 800 … with the $40 off that expires today … you're basically getting it for 67% off the $550 regular price … total came to 180$ + the non free shipping to canada

you arent finding a high quality 800 fill 0F winter bag for that price anywhere else …

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Is that $40 coupon code or something?

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Expires today

Buy buy buy ;)

mark wuethrich

@mwuethri

I received the top bag weighed in at about 17 ounces I'm 5'11 and 150 and it fits me well. I am planning on cutting the back open to make it a true top quilt similar to the go lite design. Very happy with the 103 purchase.

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

Mark – FYI –

I cut the back off of mine. i like it that way, otherwise it would be too constrictive for me. Reduced the weight to 15 ounces.

But the top bag (now a quilt) is so narrow that it's hard to stay under. I only use it when I know the nights will be warm or I will be using a bivy to help hold the shape or I bring down pants to stay warm.

I love the weight!

zorobabel frankenstein
    BPL Member

@zorobabel

I received the RAB Quantum 800. It is indeed longer, it would be a long by US standards.
    I'm 5'10 and can fit in the bag entirely, no need for a hood :).
    The pertex on the outside is more solid than whatever they're using on the WM Ultralite or MH Phantom 32. The zipper is 4/5 length and opens both ways.
    It has a differential cut, is rated for -18C comfort, and it has enough 850 fill down for me to believe the rating is accurate. The loft is a minimum of 7 inches. The baffles are continuous as far as I can tell. The bag weighs 1410g.
    I can't decide if having a longer winter bag is good or bad, but it was definitely a good deal.

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Thanks for the update man.

Hu Ai
    BPL Member

@huai1

Well I missed out on the $40 discount but may still pull the trigger. A couple questions for those who bought one already:

1) What's the difference between the Quantum 800 and Quantum Endurance 800?

2) All the review sites list the weight as being close to 1300 grams (3 lb) – where are you getting the 400 gram weight form?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools