Topic

Golite Huge Clearance – Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite Huge Clearance – Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 126 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Buck Stolberg
    BPL Member

@bstolberg

Locale: Harlem

I didn't get them even though I ordered on Friday night, right before I started this thread. ;-)

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Did they even have them in stock? Please post if you got some .Otherwise . I think Golite should stand accused of telling us to"Take a Walk on the Non-Side."

Jesse Sites
    BPL Member

@grasshopper0818

I was excited about getting these. Dang it!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

To be honest, I was shocked when I saw the Reeds being offered. I mean, people have been doing google searches for them for months and months, and have never turned up anything but XLs. I think John Devitt got some larges last year, but no mediums. I went ahead and placed an order for a pair of larges and a pair of mediums some time during the day Friday.

Never did get any email. Still haven't. Called today and found out the order had been cancelled and my money credited back to my account (it hadn't as of last night, but it did show up as pending today). The woman was very nice and very apologetic. I told her no worries, I was never really expecting them anyway!

Hammock Hanger
    BPL Member

@travelpro

Brett, thanks for posting the code.

Also, the 40% off sale for Golite is supposedly good through March 31. Still time.

Paul I
    BPL Member

@piracki

Locale: San Francisco

Along with a poncho at 40% off the clearance price for both. I ordered early on Friday the 4th. I posted previously that they acknowledged the error in applying the 40% off code to clearance item, but said they'd honor the order and they did.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

No XL Reeds here either. Didn't know until I finally got my shipping confirmation today after a week. No one told me. Finally got a hold of someone to cancel the order since I wasn't getting 3 out of the 4 items and I don't care about a Pinnacle pack that much. oh, well.

Brett Iverson

@biverson

I unfortunately lost a pinnacle bag that I was looking forward to. Anything beats the heck out of the marlboro bag that my father-in-law got from a guy who died (prolly smoked too much) then passed on to us.

What I am really upset about is that they gave those who lost orders a 30% off coupon when there is a %40 coupon out there; to me that kind of feels like a slap in the face, or just calling us stupid. I called and talked with customer service and they apologized and such. They said for their online processing that it needs to be updated in real time by them, not a system, so they were there processing things themselves in the wee hours of the night; doesn't seem very streamline. I asked if I could use both promotion codes since one is for anyone, and the second is for those buyers who didn't get there purchases, two different categories. I didn't get my refund notice until today, 3 days later, so that erked me too, but what can I do? I'm College kid that can't afford a really expensive pack but doesn't want to get a piece. And for protection of my character :) I was cordial on the phone despite my vast disappointment.

Hi everyone by the way, I'm new. Not really a backpacker; I'm a married college kid right now so I don't have time for much, but love anything outdoors.

Jeremy W

@sockpuppet

Locale: High Desert

Brett: You might try posting a want-to-buy in the Gear Swap section. You may be able to find a goor pack in your price range.

Brett Iverson

@biverson

Thanks Jeremy. Luckily though, I was able to still get a pinnacle for $75. I went and checked out leftlanesports.com and they had em' on sale too. Got to use my $10 from signing up. If anyone still wants one and needs to sign up you get $10 if you sign up from a reference.

Link:
    http://www.leftlanesports.com/invite/BrettIverson89

This made my day A LOT better.

Robert Cowman
    BPL Member

@rcowman

Locale: Canadian Rockies

there's a pair of large reeds on ebay right now.

Eric Palumbo

@palumbo

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Anyone have any experience with these? http://www.rei.com/product/798832
    Too cheap not to try them out.

Jennifer McFarlane
    BPL Member

@jennymcfarlane

Locale: Southern California

Waterproof, not breathable

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW
    Eric Palumbo

@palumbo

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Average 4/5 stars with 50 reviews. I'd say they're worth trying at $19.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

So I actually got a message today that they were out of the Reed pants and would not be able to send me any. Of course my order was supposed to have shipped 4 days ago if I had not cancelled it. I think GoLite might need some better software and an extra person in the booth when they do these sales.

Jeremy W

@sockpuppet

Locale: High Desert

I placed my order within 10 minutes of them putting the sale back up on their site last week. I just received an email today that I wouldn't be getting my Pinnacle pack. Oh well, you win some…you lose some.

Viewing 17 posts - 126 through 142 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools