Topic

Bay Area BPL Sept. Hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bay Area BPL Sept. Hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Keep the ball a rolling I say. Firstly our group of folks make these hikes so much fun! That said playmates, How does this sound?

20 Lakes Basin just outside of Yosemite on the eastern side of Tioga Pass. This place hike you will get much bang for your buck! Mt. Conness looms large overhead and their are many lakes to look at, fish? and many day hikng opps once camp is set. I have done this hike from Saddlebag Lake and it is just an amazing hike. BUT here is a wrinkle! Make this just a tad more difficult and start at Lundy Canyon off of Hwy 395 which is between Lee Vinning and Bridgeport.

This is an amazing hike. Sept. date TBA
    Sooo what do you think?

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

If I can, I'd love to go.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I would love to join you rather than pass by each other on a trail like we did by hetch hetchy, but will depend on how my wife's health is doing. I vote against the weekend of the 5/6th… i have a wedding to attend.

–mark

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I would love to go Ken–I am in if dates work out!?!?

-Jay
    TRT starts tomorrow!!!!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jack, you're more than welcome to attend.

Mark, no problem on the date, hope your wife is feeling better in Sept. and yes, instead of passing by each other, we can hike together!

Jay, no invite needed. You're in! Good luck on your hike..certainly jealous!

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Bump

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

I am very much interested.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

I'm in if the dates work out. I'm going to Paradise Valley Labor weekend with a few friends and my daughter. Really enjoyed our hike to Bear Lake. Hope I can make this one, let me know how many days we will be gone. Thanks Jack

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Nice Jack. Just one. Since you are coming from Bakersfield, maybe a night car camping. If so, I might meet ya!

Bump kids!!

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Just me this time no kids. How many miles are we talking about hiking, and how many days. Need to know asap so I can ask for time off. I'm already taking 6 days in Aug. to help a friend move to Idaho, and another 2 days on Labor day weekend. Hope I have enough pto saved up HA HA. Jack

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

6 miles and a Saturday night

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Sounds good I might take Fri. off and spend the night up there, then start the hike Sat. morning. If your passing through Bakersfield maybe I could hitch a ride and split the gas? If not I'll see you up there. If you can get Fri. off we could start late Fri. Makes no difference to me. Just let me know the time and day I'm up for it, as long as it doesn't interfer with any thing else I have going on date wise. Jack

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

BUMP

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Hey guys sounds like you had a good hike( don't want to see the puke)last weekend, are we still on for this one let me know. Jack

kevin smith

@divr6347

i can t believe jumpbackjack is going hiking without me
    LOL just kidding maybe i can come along as one of his (KIDS)he he

divr6347

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Hello any body out there?

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Jack stil early. Thinking that a change of venue might be in order.

What does everyone think about Dardenelle Lake off of Hwy 89. 4-5 mile hike and one of the prettier hikes in Tahoe. Just thinking???????? Obviously we are open to suggestions.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Hey all…I was wondering. Would something closer to home work for those interested???? 5 hours driving and a 3-4 hour hike sounds like something I am not down with. THOUGH…..If you all want to do that, then I am in. Please don't let that disuade you. I was thinking of Kinney Lakes off of Hwy 4 just over Ebbetts Pass or Dardenelle Lake off of Hwy 89 near Tahoe. Just thinking out loud. I am finally getting back to thinking about trips after the South Lake-Lamarck Col trip (Cary it was KILLER, but HARD!) and want something fun!

Please let me know, I am just the suggestion machine and the answer (wink).

Jeremy Pendrey
    BPL Member

@pendrey

Locale: California

Ken: I might be up for a trip the weekend of Sept 12 if it's short enough to bring my kids (wife out of town that weekend). Going to Yosemite with the family this week. After I get back I'll tell you what "short enough" is. Probably 4-5 miles each way. I might be able to do a bit longer trip without the kids on Sept. 26 weekend.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Nice Jeremy. Daredenelle Lake is about 3-4 miles with a little elevation gain to start.

Kinney Lakes on Ebbetts Pass I believe it 2 miles??? Quite easy and beautiful too

David W.
    BPL Member

@davidpcvsamoa

Locale: East Bay, CA

I'm still watching with interest to see where the chips fall. I haven't been to either location so I guess I can't go wrong.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Just a heads up on some fires burning http://inciweb.org/state/5/ I don't know if it affects any of the hikes you are looking at Ken. Jack

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Let's plan on the third weekend of Sept. How does that sound for everyone????

Robert Recinos

@rgrrecinos

Locale: Redwood City

Damn 3rd week not good for me I'm going, don't laugh, CAR camping with friends who don't hike at solano lake. At least I get time in my Alapca on Putah creek flyfishing. The second week is good tho.

Jeremy Pendrey
    BPL Member

@pendrey

Locale: California

The third weekend of Sept. doesn't work for me, so I'll have to pass on this trip. I might be able do the 2nd and/or 4th weekends of Sept., but those weekends may also be tough for me, so don't change plans on my account. Have a good trip.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools