Topic

FlexAir UL Pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) FlexAir UL Pillow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Paul:

You are quite the linguist!

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Ben, only dabble. I think Miguel might be the true linguist, and also some other fella’ who posted, 2-3 weeks ago. He speaks about five or six languages. [Very sorry, I don’t remember your name – i seem to recall it being eastern european…Vladimir, was it?). I didn’t pay too much attention to the posts since the topic was not directly applicable to me.]

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I wouldn’t mind a few. Are any still available?

paul johnson

@pj

Wade, define a few, please.

Mark W Heninger

@heninger

I’d take up to 5 if available. I’d settle for less as well – 2 or 3 would be ok.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Paul:

Between Deborah and me, we can give up five — I’ll let you figure out the odd vs. even — way too complicated for me. :)

Thanks.

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

If there are 3 available, I’d like them.
    Thanks,
    Mike B

paul johnson

@pj

Wade Heninger and Mike B:

I’ll put you each down for three. That will end the distribution of pillows, I think. In fairness to those who originally asked for a higher number of pillows, I don’t feel comfortable unilaterally reducing them to a number lower than what appears below.

Therefore, any further requests will not be accomodated by me unless one of those who already asked for pillows specifically replies indicating a further reduction is ‘ok’. Only then will I make any adjustments.

Here’s the count thus far:
    Benjamin Tang = 7
    pj = 5
    Deborah Kramer = 7
    Dale Wambaugh = 5
    Craig Shelley = 5
    Steve Robinson = 5
    Robert Miller = 7
    M F Keil = 3
    Wade Heninger = 3
    Mike B = 3

All are accounted for.

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Thanks, let me know how you want to be paid. Paypal works, let me know. Really appreciate your effort.

Thanks,
    MikeB

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Yup, a chorus of ‘thanks’ from all of us. Let us know how you want to be paid.

Carol Brown
    Spectator

@brownwetdog

Locale: Idaho

Looks like I am too late to get in on the large Flex Air UL pillows. If another order should be placed or someone has an extra one they’d like to sell, please contact me. Carol Brown

paul johnson

@pj

Mike, here’s a suggestion that was made by another person who’s receiving pillows. Here’s how another individual worked it a few weeks ago, and I think that this is how I will do it too.

1) Payment is for shipping only.
    2) I’m sending the pillows out for the cost of shipping only.
    3) After you receive the pillows, please mail back to me an envelope with 39 cent postage stamps covering the cost of shipping. Just place the unused stamps inside of the envelope.
    4) You can use 1 or 2 cent stamps to make up any difference from multiples of 39 cents, or since the pillows were sent only for shipping charge, you can (it’s totally your choice) round up to the next higher number of 39cent postage stamps that cover the cost of shipping. Ok…you got me…I make out a little on this option. Remember, it’s your call.
    5) If getting the stamps is a problem, a Postal Money Order is ‘ok’ too. However, since you’re at the P.O. getting a M.O., the stamps are also right there.

Any feedback on this approach?

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Is there a way to PM or email you directly? No reason to burn bandwidth.
    Thanks,
    MikeB

paul johnson

@pj

Yes. Per a previous post, you may still email me at [email protected] (that’s the numeral zero, not a capital ‘O’). Some have already emailed me.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

PJ (or Schlomo, if you prefer, but oy, am I fertummelt now…huasheng ma? Schlomo? Bu ke qi?) –

You can reduce my order to the original 5 if someone else wants the other 2.

Debbie

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I’m now wondering about ‘Paul Johnson’. To start off with an innocuously sounding, ‘all American’ name, and then slipping out all sorts of foreign alias — or perhaps PJ itself is an alias???

Is this a ploy to disseminate al Qaida instructions through United States Mail — and make us pay for their postage? Should we worry about anthrax? Hmmm, why is there powder residue on my new pillow???

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

paul johnson

@pj

Mike, please re-read my prev. reply to you. My email address is repeated in there.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

FYI, you can reach me at dwambaugh at yahoo.com

I got my order of small pillows today from BPL. FOr those who had questions on straws, each comes with it’s own straw attached with a plastic wrapper. They are simple and light and my guess is they will be fine for a shorter multiday trips of 3-4 days and great for weekend trips. I’m going to put one in the glovebox– the small ones are perfect for car trips. I’m glad we’re getting the larger ones– I’d like a little more target area :)

Someone mentioned sewing two together (bit of genius there). If that is beyond your technology, the material in these pillows would work well with polyuethane glue (Gorilla Glue) too.

paul johnson

@pj

The Lg. Flex-Air Pillows have arrived. I will be ready to send some or all of them out in then next two or three days. I plan to send all of them out, by Tues. of next week, at the latest.

Here is how they will be distributed per the last tally in a prev. post:
    Benjamin Tang = 7 [address supplied]

pj = 5 [address supplied] [5 pillows received] [payment received]

Deborah Kramer = 5 [address supplied]

Craig Shelley = 5 [address supplied]

Steve Robinson = 5 [address supplied]

M F Keil = 3 [address supplied]

Wade Heninger = 3 [address supplied]

Robert Miller = 7 [address supplied]

Carol Brown = 2 [address supplied]

Dale Wambaugh = 5 [address supplied]

Mike B = 3 [address supplied]

Will the individuals on the above list please email me their US postal mail addresses. Per prev. instructions, you may email me at [email protected] (that’s the numeral zero, not a capital ‘O’ in the email address).

paul johnson

@pj

There seems to still be some questions about some of the specifics related to these pillows:

Let me repeat the info I posted previously about this aspect:

1) Payment is for shipping only.
    2) I’m sending the pillows out for the cost of shipping only.
    3) After you receive the pillows, please mail back to me an envelope with 39 cent postage stamps covering only the cost of shipping – no chg. for pillows. Just place the unused stamps inside of the envelope.
    4) You can use 1 or 2 cent stamps to make up any difference from multiples of 39 cents, or since the pillows were sent only for shipping charge, you can (it’s totally your choice) round up to the next higher number of 39cent postage stamps that cover the cost of shipping. Ok…you got me…I make out a little on this option. Remember, it’s your call.
    5) If getting the stamps is a problem, a Postal Money Order is ‘ok’ too. However, since you’re at the P.O. getting a M.O., the stamps are also right there.

Please be sure to also read my prev. Post in this Thread also. It shows who has provided a shipping address via email and who has not and gives instructions for emailing me your Postal mailing address.

paul johnson

@pj

all but two individuals have replied and emailed me their US Postal mailing addresses.

I’m waiting to mail out the pillows for a day or two longer until I hear from them. Perhaps unexpected circumstances have arisen that has either prevented them from replying, or caused them to need to change their decision to get the pillows. Let’s give them a bit more time.

If I haven’t heard from them, I will give their pillows to those who had originally wanted more, but gave them up to accomodate others.

Many thanks to those who have promptly replied.

paul johnson

@pj

Mike B, please email me your Postal mailing address ASAP. If you’ve changed your mind or something else has come up, no problem at all – either reason is perfectly understandable. Just let me know.

Come Monday, 20feb, pillows will be shipped. If I haven’t heard from you, I’ll be passing your pillows on to others who graciously reduced their requested amount to accomodate some late comers.

Please email me at [email protected] (that’s the numeral zero, not a capital ‘O’ in the email address).

paul johnson

@pj

Mike B, please email me your Postal mailing address ASAP. If you’ve changed your mind or something else has come up, no problem at all – either reason is perfectly understandable. Just let me know.

Come Monday, 20feb, pillows will be shipped. If I haven’t heard from you, I’ll be passing your pillows on to others who graciously reduced their requested amount to accomodate some late comers.

Please email me at [email protected] (that’s the numeral zero, not a capital ‘O’ in the email address).

paul johnson

@pj

[Courtesy Note to others: In case anyone is curious, these are not inadvertent duplicate posts. I’m just trying to keep this info easy for Mike to spot. I don’t want him to miss out on the pillows he wanted. I don’t mean to “mess up” the RECENT and NEW Posts listings. Thanks for your understanding.]

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools