Topic

40% off at Backcountry…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 40% off at Backcountry…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 276 through 293 (of 293 total)
  • Author
    Keith Franchois

@kmfrancho

Sometimes speaking to support does help- I, for one, wasn't sure I could live with my conscience if I had participated in jipping off backcountry.com so I wrote an e-mail to them describing how I had purchased a couple items using the coupon code and checking out through the outlet. I told them I would be happy to return the items if the arrangement hadn't been legitimate. I received a very sweet reply stating that my purchase and use of the coupon code was legitimate and they hoped I could sleep better tonight knowing that- I hadn't lost any sleep over it actually but I do feel better now and hope any of you fretting over the issue do too.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Keith,

That's just mean. I can't believe you did that to the nice people at backcountry. You might be able to sleep tonight, but a heap of others won't. Now there's a bunch of people there having emergency meetings about what to do if we all start to return our gear.

"OMG it's all coming back. We just MOVED all that stuff out. Right Tyson, Wayne and Dwayne, go pull your pay cheques. You guys are out. The rest of you, mark every parcel that comes in 'Return to Sender'. And if any more of these crazies contact us, tell them we made a mistake. It was meant to be 50% off. Give them a coupon for an extra 10% of the value of their order. Don't worry people, we'll get through this"

Anyone else want to send them an email?

Ryan Dunne

@donryanocero

Locale: Humboldt

… I just want to know when the next 40% off code is out.

:-D

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Heck they even sent me a free WM Apache. Pretty nice of them.

Hey Rod you want to buy a sleeping bag?

Dan Cunningham

@mn-backpacker

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons

Heck they even sent me a free WM Apache. Pretty nice of them.

Jonathan, that's great… because you obviously need another sleeping bag.

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

Dan, just a note on that – It's actually Rod's Apache that I am shipping to him…and anyway what's wrong with having 14 sleeping bags?

Natasha S

@phdhiker

Coupon works as it should on backcountryoutlet.com. 40% off everything in the outlet. Looks like they fixed the "glitch" that made it apply to everything. I used the most recent code. Picked myself up some new superfeet insoles at $20 a pair, some underwear, and a shirt.

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

Natasha, what was the code coupon value (string) you used?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

Only problem is, it gives you 40% off of the MSRP.

Natasha S

@phdhiker

They are the original posted ones. It's just they work properly now in that ONLY items on the outlet are 40% off.
    2X6-1-2BSWR
    2X9-1-YEL9U

Natasha S

@phdhiker

Yeah, 40% off MSRP. Many items are 20-30% off and getting more off is nice.

allen force
    BPL Member

@yknott456

Locale: Florida

I ordered a Mont-Bell bag liner online and entered the code but got a message saying the discount did not apply to that item. I called Backcountry and spoke to Jeremy. He said that it should have applied and he took my order manually so I did get the discount. If anyone has a similar problem, his number is 800-409-4502, extension 4283.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

2X6-1-2BSWR

the code worked for the Injinji socks (NOT discounted, dont know why) so I saved 40% off at checkout. Got 4 pair and another e+lite for my wife for $50

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I tried to snag a Patagonia Houdini — did the Outlet check out thing and applied the code Mike Stivers wrote up above — and it didn't apply. Oh well…

chris towles

@ctowles

Locale: Teton Country

tried it for a BD hilight and was denied also.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

wow, wonder what the deal is Ben? Id like a houdini myself.. didnt even see that one on the site!

*i ordered directly from the outlet

Ben Hicks

@mountainhick

Locale: Rocky mountains

Only works for backcountryoutlet.com items, not backcountry.com even checking out through the outlet.

SC R

@pathfinder00

Locale: Ontario

2X6-1-2BSWR

This one still works as of today. I used it to ship some gear up to Canada.

Cheers

p.s. my first post and just wanted to add, this is a terrific forum!

Viewing 18 posts - 276 through 293 (of 293 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools