Episode 78 | Stove System Performance (Flame Power vs. Fuel Efficiency)
In this episode, we’re going to address stove system performance and specifically, flame power versus fuel efficiency.
In this Episode:
- The Gear Swap turns 20 this year – Watch the Video!
- The new Backcountry Tenkara Fishing Masterclass will be offered live on March 28 at 6-8 PM US MDT – enrollment opens on March 21 – sign up for the newsletter to get notified.
- What’s the difference between stoves vs. stove systems vs. cook kits?
- The fundamental characteristics of STOVE performance are NOT boil time and fuel consumption.
- How are burn rate, energy density, and flame power related?
- Why is high flame power so important?
- Why is low burn rate important?
- How StoveBench is used to evaluate stove performance.
- Why a stress test will reveal more about a stove than a kitchen counter test.
- Showdown: MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe vs. Soto Amicus.
- Upright Canister Stove Reviews, StoveBench Tests, and Gear Guide
About the Backpacking Light Podcast
- Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
Feedback, Questions, Tips?
- Submit them via email or Twitter and get featured on our next podcast!
- Backpacking Light - Executive Producer
- Ryan Jordan - Director and Host
- Chase Jordan - Producer
- Look for Me in the Mountains - Music
- Written by: Chris Cunningham and Ryan Jordan
- Performed by: Chris Cunningham (acoustic guitar, lead and harmony vocals, harmonica), Chad Langford (upright bass), and Tom Murphy (mandolin).
- Produced by: Basecamp Studios in Bozeman, Montana
- This episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast is supported and kept advertising-free by Backpacking Light membership fees. Please consider becoming a member which helps support projects like this podcast, in addition to a whole slew of other benefits!
You can contact us at [email protected], or follow us on social media -
- Backpacking Light - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Ryan Jordan - Instagram | Twitter | WWW
- Chase Jordan - WWW
- Some links on this page may be “affiliate” links. If you click on one of these links and visit one of our affiliate partners (usually a retailer site), and subsequently place an order with that retailer, we receive a small commission. These commissions help us provide authors with honoraria, fund our editorial projects, podcasts, instructional webinars, and more, and we appreciate it a lot! Thank you for supporting Backpacking Light!
Home › Forums › Episode 78 | Stove System Performance (Flame Power vs. Fuel Efficiency)