We recommend the Garmin inReach Mini 2 over any other satellite communications device because of its reliability, small size, and light weight. Best paired with a smartphone, which vastly improves usability.
Take the Course – Learn trip planning, navigation, tracking, and communications with the Garmin inReach Mini in our How to Use the Garmin inReach Masterclass.
- TracBack routing allows you to navigate back to your starting point the same way you came.
- Digital compass gives you accurate heading information (even when not moving).
- Internal (rechargeable) lithium battery – generally provides 1-4 weeks of use without charging, depending on track intervals and extent of use.
- inReach Weather Forecast service gives you detailed weather updates (or your paired smartphone). Request forecasts for current location or other waypoints or destinations on your itinerary.
- Free access to the Garmin Explore website on your computer to plan your trips, create preset messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, etc.