Watch the Intro
2022 – updated to include the new Garmin inReach Mini 2.
In this masterclass, you’ll learn about:
- The Garmin inReach Ecosystem
- Garmin inReach Setup & Activation Process & Issues
- How Sync Works: inReach Device, Garmin Express, inReach Sync, Earthmate, and Explore
- How to Use the Garmin inReach on a Trip
- Using the Garmin inReach for GPS, Navigation, and Trip Planning
- Messaging on the Garmin inReach
In addition, you’ll get these email addendums once a day starting the day after you sign up for the course:
- How SOS and rescue response work.
- Gaia and Garmin GPX conversion issues and how to resolve them.
- Weather forecasting issues and additional tools.
- Pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip checklists for maintaining and using your inReach.
- inReach battery management: issues and optimizing.
- How to monitor the efficacy of GPS and messaging satellites to maximize the chance messages will be successfully sent and received, and locations will be accurately determined.
- What I use for Preset and Quick messages, and why.
- Title: How to Use the Garmin inReach for Navigation, Tracking, and Messaging
- Presenter(s): Ryan Jordan, Publisher, Backpacking Light
- Length: 3.5 hours of video content