Watch the Intro
- Title: How to Use the Garmin inReach for Navigation, Tracking, and Messaging
- Presenter(s): Ryan Jordan, Publisher, Backpacking Light
- Length: 3.5 hours of video content
Masterclass Video (How to Use the Garmin inReach)
In this 3.5-hour video module, we’ll cover the following information:
- The Garmin inReach Ecosystem
- Setup & Activation Process & Issues
- How Sync Works: inReach Device, Garmin Express, inReach Sync, Earthmate, and Explore
- How to Use the inReach on a Trip
- GPS, Navigation, and Trip Planning
- Issues, Questions, and Answers
In addition, you’ll receive the following additional material via email:
- How SOS and rescue response work.
- Gaia and Garmin GPX conversion issues and how to resolve them.
- Weather forecasting issues and additional tools
- Pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip checklists for maintaining and using your inReach.
- inReach battery management: issues and optimizing.
- How to monitor the efficacy of GPS and messaging satellites to maximize the chance messages will be successfully sent and received, and locations will be accurately determined.
- What I use for Preset and Quick messages, and why.