Topic

Who do you miss on BPL and why?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Who do you miss on BPL and why?

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

“…somewhat ironic that many of the people who posted in this thread are no longer around…”

Bob Moulder.  Honest, inventive, helpful, welcoming and a prolific modifier of gear and MYOG’er.  Much missed.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Richard Nisley

Richards knowledge and experience has help many understand and apply the many aspects of clothing and materials to our craft in the outdoors.

Jon Fong
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Hikin’ Jim.  Great guy, great attitude, great knowledge.

jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

https://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

the late bill fornshells blog for anyone interested

AK Granola
    BPL Member

@granolagirlak

There used to be a gal named Jen, I think, on BPL. She was a physical therapist and always had interesting contributions to the injuries and body mechanics of hiking. Where did she go? She had some nice trip reports too.

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

AK – that’s Jen Mitol.  She posts occasionally on her FB but I haven’t seen her active here or on her blog for a while.   No idea whether she’s on other social media like IG.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Jen has been bopping around the country on different work gigs, including one in Alaska and now in Bend Oregon.  Golden lab Charlie Dog passed, she’s now got an Aussie Shepard.

Jennifer Mitol
    BPL Member

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Ha! I just stopped in to see who was still around and look what I found!
    So it looks like so many have moved on….that’s sad. It was nice looking through this thread tho – lots of great memories. And a few familiars, too.

Scott Roach
    BPL Member

@clipster95

Locale: Bay area

For those of us who are new to Bpl, is there a way to read some of these people’s articles/trip reports in the archives? Particularly trip reports as I find them invaluable when doing research in planning out routes.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

Yeah, Bob Gross. I carpooled to an event with him once. Interesting guy. Socially challenged.

Hikin’ Jim, though I don’t begrudge him spending as much time as possible with his young daughter instead of continuing to be a Zen Stove Master.

Katt. Ken Thompson. Les Waddell. Etan A. Jane Baack (sp?).

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Anyone know what happened to Will Rietveld?  He was one of the main guys during the early days of BPL.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Will had a blog at
    http://southwestultralight.blogspot.com.au/
    but it does not seem to be there anymore. Pity.

Cheers

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Hi Jen. Your Zpack Hex solo has moved on to be with my departed brother’s best friend. He was very happy to have it!

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!