Topic

Ultralight Toaks Titanium Pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Toaks Titanium Pots

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Which one do you have or would like to have? These all have handles which is recommended for ease of use.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

SKU: POT-550-Light (ULTRALIGHT VERSION)
    Material: Titanium (Grade 1 or 2, no coating)
    Weight: Pot only: 1.9 oz (54g) Pot with lid: 2.6 oz (72g)
    Capacity: 19.4 oz (550ml)
    Dimensions: 3 3/4″ (95mm) (Dia) x 3 1/8″ (80mm) (H)
    Origin: China
    Notes: 1. This ultralight pot is made of thin titanium material of 0.3mm thickness.
    2. It comes with a lid with lockable grip and a mesh sack
    3. TOAKS Titanium 375ml Cup can nest in this pot.
    4. It fits in BWL-02, POT-900-D115, POT-1000, POT-1100, POT-1100-BH and CKW-1100.
    —————————————————————————————

SKU: POT-650-L (ULTRALIGHT VERSION)
    Weight: Pot only: 2.1 oz (60g) Pot with lid: 2.8 oz (80g)
    Capacity: 22oz (650ml) (675ml if measure to the top of pot)
    Dimensions: Internal: 3 3/4″ (94.4mm) (Dia) x 3 3/4″ (95mm) (H)
    External: 102mm (Dia) x 97mm (H) (measure with handles folded and lid on)
    Notes: 1. This ultralight pot is made of thin titanium material of 0.3mm thickness.
    2. It comes with a lid with lockable grip and a mesh sack
    3. It has graduation marks in liter.
    4. It can nest TOAKS Titanium 450ml Cup, 100ml gas canister.
    5. It can nest following water bottles without covering the lid: 32oz Nalgene, 38oz Nalgene stainless, 42oz Klean Kanteen.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Toaks Ultralight 700ml/115mm
    Weight: Pot only: 2.3oz (65g) Pot with lid: 3.2oz (90g)
    Capacity: 23.7 oz (700ml)
    Dimensions: 4 1/2″ (115mm) (Dia) x 2 3/4″ (72mm) (H)
    2. It comes with a lid with lockable grip and a mesh sack.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Toaks Ultralight 550

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Toaks Ultralight 650

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Toaks Ultralight 700

nunatak
    BPL Member

@roamer

I don’t know if you can get the pail in those smaller sizes, but it’s awfully nice to have! This is a 1600ml Toaks.

DSC06473<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

Andrew Priest
    BPL Member

@aushiker1

Locale: Fremantle

I have the Toaks Titanium 850ml which also has a handle and a lid, both critical features for me. Also the shape is critical as I use it bikepacking and hence it has to fit into Salsa Anything Bag on my Salsa Anything Cage on a front fork on my bicycle.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

The 650 is an ideal solo size and measuring lines are key.  I would guess the dimensions make it a decent mug as well.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

These 3 pots are the lightest of the light:-) made of thin titanium material of 0.3mm thickness.

I like the 650 as well, has that extra head room that prevent boil over when 2 cups are heated.

Next month I’m going to put some kits together centered around these 3 pots, trying to get a feel of what folks are using or would like to make a change to. The kits would consist in part of the Toaks pots being modified with a ridgeline in 2 places for additional strength and a titanium windscreen.

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Would the setup be just for alcohol stoves or could it work with a small canister stove?

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Thanks, Dan!

I’m thinking the 700 because it looks wider and shallower compared to the other two, which I think means the caldera will fit higher around the pot and therefor be more stable and more efficient (i.e., faster). Am I right about that? Would the cone still nest in the pot?

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

I have the 550 and 650 that you modified with the ridgeline to work with the ti caldera cone. The 650 is great as a solo pot in that you can boil enough water with sufficient headroom. I would like the 750 version with the same diameter for more flexibility.

Thomas V
    BPL Member

@rotormedic

I like the compact design of the 650 best. Put me down for one please

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Richard, the windscreen/pot support would sit higher and still be able to fit horizontal in the pot.

The new kits will be unique. I’ve created a device that enables the Starlyte burner to be more efficient and will benefit the storage of the windscreen when it comes time to roll it up.

Paul, the pot could still be used with the canister and the windscreen could be opened into a half circle to block the wind.

@roamer
    , Toaks makes one with a bail that is 4 1/2″ (115mm) in diameter

https://www.toaksoutdoor.com/collections/d115mm-pot/products/pot-1100-bh

Dylan Atkinson
    BPL Member

@atkinsondylan

Locale: Southwest

Huzah! Good timing Dan. I had your handle-less 550 pot for a while and loved it, it was just a little too small though. I’m in for a 700.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Thank you for letting me know your choices. I’ll make kits using all 3. Titanium has been ordered today.

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

Thank you, Dan!

Do you have any idea about pricing yet (specifically for the 700)?

April W
    BPL Member

@easilypeached

I have a snowpeak pot in similar design to the 550 ml one. The handles are too short for easy handling. My hands always touch the pot when I grab the handles. Gloves are a must to not get burnt. If I were to buy again, I’d choose designs like the 700 ml one.

John Kays
    BPL Member

@johnkays

Locale: Southern California

I have a heavier grade ti 550 purchased a few months ago to replace my old BackpackingLight 550 to go with its ti caldera cone from TD. The plastic caddy for the cone would fit inside the BackpackingLight pot but will not fit inside this heavier grade Toaks pot although the pot is good with the cone. Do you know Dan if the lighter weight Toaks 550 with handles will hold the plastic caddy? This makes a great compact cook set when it all fits together.

Tallgrass
    BPL Member

@reeas1955-2

I have the 550. All I do is heat water with it, and then pour into my ziploc bags of dehydrated food.  Works great for my use.

Colin M
    BPL Member

@cmcvey23

I like that you ordered all 3. So many people seem to think there’s one “right” kit but having a few choices we can vary depending on the trip is best.

I have the 750ml “cup” for solo trips and a 1200ml “pot” for when I have my wife and/or kids (I bring both on those trips). I had a 550 but found it too small for many of my meals.
    If I’m on a slower trip with others doing lower mileage thus ounces aren’t critical, I bring both as the pot cooks much better than the 750 and it gives the option for shared water heating. If I’m solo and weight is critical I bring just the 750 though noodles and beans don’t get quite enough water so are a bit off but it’s generally fine.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I like the 700ml one. I find 550ml too small for a lot of solo meals, and the 700ml is wider than the 650, so it will be easier to stir.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

@johnkays , I have a caddy used for the TD foster’s pot cone and that caddy won’t fit inside the 550 light.

@easilypeached
    , I pinch the top of the 2 handles with thumb and forefinger and have my middle finger against the center of the handles and then lift. I then quickly set the pot down and then put in Ramen, let sit for 6-8 min. and then hold pot handles with no fear of being too hot.

@scubahhh
    , I have not worked up pricing. I suspect I will know by middle of next week.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

I have the 650 for solo use, and I love it.  I put a little Sugru on the handles, and on the pot lid handle, so I don’t need a separate pot holder. It works well for freezer bag cooking.  I carry a Mini Bull design Angry Troll Potas a separate cup, which fits inside nicely, and then the cone fits inside the Angry Troll pot. That way, I can sip a hot drink or soup, while my dinner rehydrates.

Catherine Harley
    BPL Member

@cathyjc

Locale: Scotland

I’d be interested in a 700ml.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools