Topic

Paramo Socorro and Katmai Shirts (Flash Review)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Paramo Socorro and Katmai Shirts (Flash Review)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Companion forum thread to: Paramo Socorro and Katmai Shirts (Flash Review)

The Soccoro ladies shirt can be used in the field or while traveling, and makes for a nice gift.

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

No field testing? At all? Sorry Roger, I know flash reviews aren’t supposed to be extensive, but I just don’t see the point in publishing this. There isn’t any information here I couldn’t get from the manufacturer’s blurb.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

No field testing? At all? Sorry Roger, I know flash reviews aren’t supposed to be extensive, but I just don’t see the point in publishing this.

I think you misunderstand a little. My wife has been wearing the shirt quite a lot, and that is why she likes it – or maybe it is the other way around. Anyhow, it all depends on where or what the ‘field’ is.For a walk along an open track with no chance of scrub – she wore it. For bushbashing through scrub: no. Eh – I often comment that a lot of outdoors gear is aimed at least partly at the ‘outdoors fashion’ market.

She says it was very nice and she likes it.

Cheers

Mitchell Ebbott
    Spectator

@mebbott-2

Locale: SoCal

Ok, fair enough I suppose. Does she have any opinions on its moisture handling?

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Our primary purpose behind Flash Reviews is to highlight new and interesting gear, and inform people about it. We’ll probably end up changing the category name since “review” is misleading in this context.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nylon? Polyester? Some miracle fabric?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Does she have any opinions on its moisture handling?

It breathed well, but she was not climbing mountains.

Fabric? I think it is polyester – but it seems to be microfibre and soft.

Cheers

Russell Hann
    BPL Member

@thegoobertross

Locale: Yorkshire Dales & Lake District

I have the male version- the Katmai. And i love it for summer trekking. I actually find it surprisingly warm on slightly cooler days in the uk, as the weave is so dense it is essentially windproof. Throwing my Houdini over the top is all i ever really need in summer though. Moisture handling- well it certainly does dry really quickly and always feels cool, somehow. I know Chris Townsend used it on his thru hike of the PNWT and loved it. The cuffs are a brilliant design with velcro and a wide fit so you can easily push up the sleeves. Two things i would change- firstly the pattern. sorry it just doesn’t do anything for me. and secondly i can find that the stitching on the (very usefully sized) pockets can give me ‘runners nipple’. It can be adjusted so as to not be an issue for i don’t know if a better design could resolve the issue all together.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools