Topic

MSR PocketRocket 2 Mini Stove Kit Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable MSR PocketRocket 2 Mini Stove Kit Review

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris Servheen
    BPL Member

@chris-servheen

Companion forum thread to: MSR PocketRocket 2 Mini Stove Kit Review

The MSR PocketRocket 2 Mini Stove Kit is a complete cook-and-eat solution for one person, featuring a stove, pot, bowl, lid, and pot lifter.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Not a bad kit at all, the system integration to minimize volume is outstanding.  Better yet, most stores are offering the kit at $59.95 saving $20 over REI.  My 2 cents

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

The weight of the Jetboil MicroMo looks incorrect – mine is nowhere near 19 oz.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

MicroMo is 12oz according to numerous sources.

Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

An interesting kit that will probably see a lot of sales due to its wide availability in retail stores and the brand name recognition of MSR.

The problem with forgetting to remove the transparent bowl from the bottom of the pot could be easily remedied.  Strategically place 3 1″ squares of brightly colored duct tape to the outside of the bowl with 120 degree spacing, and the presence of the bowl will be obvious.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Yep,  it’s an easy fix! Just something that might not occur to a first time user. I told the other hikers I was with that I saved a few grams by melting the bottom off the bowl. hardcore UL.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

We’ve fixed the 19 oz typo on the Jet Boil row to the correct 12 oz weight. Thanks!

Brian Jones
    BPL Member

@jonesbr

I believe that the total still needs to be updated.  I still see 12 + 7.4 = 26.4, rather than the expected 19.4.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I agree with Chris that the canister-top burners absolutely must have a folding 3 legged canister base. I have three of these and finally found one that fits any size base securely.  It’s a matter of safety, as he mentions.

And that is the key word, “securely”. Some of these folding bases wither won’t fit all canister base sizes or they won’t stay tight on the canister.

My own canister-top stove is a folding Brunton Crux. It is slightly heavier than the Pocket Rocket 1 or 2 but works very well with a fairly wide flame pattern.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools