Topic

Modified Toaks 550 Titanium pot with handles Kit/Bundle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Modified Toaks 550 Titanium pot with handles Kit/Bundle

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

@beansong,,Unfortunately, the 650 windscreen will not fit over the legs of the NuWay. The Toaks 700 works with the NuWay’s I do have some containers used for the esbitmiser in the garage somewhere on a shelf….I will search them out.

Toaks has not gotten back to me yet when the 550’s will arrive from China.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

@oysters
    : Hi Dan

After using my Bot 700 last week (with gas), I’m interested in doing a windshield and alcohol for it. I have your starlytes already except the XL model which I don’t need in this case anyway. Probably the modified one I imagine is the go.

How hard would it be for you to do a windscreen and stand similar to the toaks light 700 kit above for the BOT 700? I don’t mind if the windscreen is taller/too tall to fit in the BOT 700… the idea of the BOT is that you often use it to pre-soak food or as an extra water container, so the windscreen and stove I’ll store seperately in my pack (BOT goes in side bottle pocket nicely).

I’m in Aus, otherwise I’d ship you the BOT 700 for your testing purposes if you don’t already have one.

Cheers

The winter has been long here in Illinois :-(

Still no word from Toaks USA on availability of the 550Light pots.

I have completed the Vargo Bot project and am able to offer some kits in the near future. My one and only Bot 700(see photo) will be sent to @oysters in Australia. He inspired me to do the V Bots:-)

I’ll create new threads for the Toaks pots and the Vargo Bots

Thank you for your patience :-)

-Dan

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

The Toaks550Lights arrived today and I put the ridges on. Will be able to ship on Friday. I’ll make a listing on my site tomorrow.

Dan K
    BPL Member

@dk7988

Great – Please PM your email address and the purchase amount and I will transfer funds through PayPal.

Dan K

John K
    BPL Member

@kaptainkriz

Put me on the list for the 550 cone, pot stand/concentrator, and burner (guts of kit). I have an extra 1st gen 550 you ridged for me I’d like to kit out for my wife.

best kit ever imho.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ok, you’re on my list.

-Dan

John K
    BPL Member

@kaptainkriz

Thanks, let me know how much and where to send it.  :)

Frank Rezack
    BPL Member

@coinmn

Locale: Twin Cities, Minnesota

I’m in if it’s not too late!!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Attention everyone that wants a free Starlyte Gold when purchasing a kit.

When you are at the sale page you will see a box, above “add to cart” button that says “Discount Code”. In that box write Roger sent me. This is what the page looks like:

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

I deny everything.
    Cheers

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I asked your wife,,,,she said you were good for something even if it was only a Golden Starlyte 

A W T
    Spectator

@beansong

@zelph2

Hi, Dan.

When you have availability, I’d be most interested in a mini esbitmiser, modified Toaks Light 550ml with handles (POT-550-L) and matching cone.  Is a pot support required?  Your cone looks like it is dual-function windscreen and support.  Or is that wishful thinking?  ;)

Thanks!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

When you have availability, I’d be most interested in a mini esbitmiser, modified Toaks Light 550ml with handles (POT-550-L) and matching cone.  Is a pot support required?  Your cone looks like it is dual-function windscreen and support.  Or is that wishful thinking?  ;)

Thanks!

I think I saw an esbitmiser in one the boxes in the garage today. I’ll check again tomorrow and get back to you.

Your observation is very keen ;)

A W T
    Spectator

@beansong

Thank you.  :)

That’s great news.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Still looking :-)

A W T
    Spectator

@beansong

Thx.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Today I ordered more tins and as soon as they arrive I’ll make another batch of Esbitmisers 

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

AWT, I love the esbitmiser:

YouTube video

A W T
    Spectator

@beansong

Great!  Looking forward to getting some 4gm esbit tabs to use with the mini esbitmiser so as to reduce smell and waste.  :)

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

The use of 4 gram tabs are the way to go. They lay flat in the esbitmiser and so the lid can slide and reduce flame size for simmering. The holes on the side of the tray provide air entry to maintain complete combustion.

I do have more 550 kits in stock.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/zelphs-toaks-ti-ultralight-550ml-with-handle-kit.php

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

AWT, I found a tray and punched the holes and made the dimple on the lid that prevents the lid from sliding off. I have a box of 4 gram tablets that I will include with the kit.

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

YouTube video

A W T
    Spectator

@beansong

Great!!

How much do I owe you for the esbitmizer, modified pot, cone, 4g esbit tabs, and shipping?  Also, what payment method do you prefer?

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools