Topic

inflatable pillow as meditation cushion

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) inflatable pillow as meditation cushion

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael B
    BPL Member

@theriker-2-2

I’m looking for a meditation cushion while backpacking and am thinking of upsizing my ultralight pillow to something a little beefier that can withstand my 145lbs butt.

Has anyone used an inflatable backpacking pillow as a meditation pillow, did it work well, did the pillow prematurely degrade since it is really made for someones head not their body weight?

Thanks

Mike

Terran Terran
    BPL Member

@terran

I’ve seen these. Can’t vouch for them
    Flextail

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Better to think in the other direction. Buy an inflatable sit pad to also use as a pillow. A pillow will never hold up to the weight of being sit on. The S2S Air Seat (2.5 oz) is 2″ thick so just deflate it a little and fold it in half. Then keep it together with a DIY pillow case. https://www.backcountrygear.com/air-seat/

Michael B
    BPL Member

@theriker-2-2

Great ideas. Thank you!

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

Michael B
    BPL Member

@theriker-2-2

Paul, I saw the Zafu and it looks like a playground ball with a pleated pillow case LOL.

have you used it?

thanks for the suggestion

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

I brought it to Nepal for 5 weeks and thought I would meditate alot..but didn’t. It was o.k. for meditating, it could use an internal baffle or two! I would say that it’s more for sitting than a pillow for sure.

jj
    BPL Member

@calculatinginfinity

if you can find an old rei flash inflatable sit pad they make a nice pillow when buttoned in half.

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

I’ve seen a number of Zafu at retreats over the years. I think they would be better with a good quality foam top. A backpacking pillow would likely not hold up for long as they are made to be lightweight.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools