Topic

High Sierra Trail (Film) Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable High Sierra Trail (Film) Review

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tucker Ballister
    BPL Member

@tballister17

Companion forum thread to: High Sierra Trail (Film) Review

The High Sierra Trail Film by Chris Smead explores the history and wonder of the John Muir Trail’s little brother in this festival circuit documentary.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

YouTube video

Well worth watching while you wait.

David Sholle
    BPL Member

@dsholle

Chris, I am going to be at Banff at the end of October, and hope to see your film there if you enter it. I remember when you were first planning this – glad you followed through and did it right. My wife and I did the HST in 2015 the summer after doing the JMT in 2014. A very different experience compared to doing the JMT.

Dave

Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

Ken, thanks for the link. It’s good to see some history of the people who worked so hard to make it so easy for us all to hike through the rocky backcountry.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Thanks David!  At this point the film has now been entered into 90 festivals including Banff.  I’d say out of all of them, Banff is the hardest to get into.  But ya never know!

In the meantime there’s a ton of other screenings and other festivals happening.  More are being added almost every week now, so stay tuned here: https://highsierratrail.com/watch-the-film

I’m used to just dumping stuff on YouTube so this is an unfamiliar direction for me.  We’ll see how it goes!  Thanks to everyone at BPL for being so kind and supportive.   Over the last decade, the community here has taught me 90% of what I know about backpacking.  You guys are awesome.  :)

Mike J
    BPL Member

@mikejones3-2

Locale: SoCal

Awesome cannot wait to see this film! This hike was by far my favorite hike I have ever accomplished. I wrote my own detailed trail guide here for those interested: https://www.seekadventure.net/d/22-california-high-sierra-trail-to-mt-whitney

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools