Topic

Anybody use a Six Moon Designs Skyscape Cuben tent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion Anybody use a Six Moon Designs Skyscape Cuben tent?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I’m a tenter. Had enough of tarps back in the day when I could not afford a good tent.

That said, my choice for the lightest weight, fully enclosed tent is a Six Moon Designs Skyscape Cuben fiber tent (IF they still made it).

Does anyone here have one of these rare  Cuben Skyscape birds?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do.  Been using one since they first came out.  It is a great 3 season choice for the Sierra, or similar conditions, IME.

kristine s
    BPL Member

@summitdweller

I do and I love it!!!!  I have the two door and have been stuck cooking in it, enough room in vestibules for all equipment and to cook.  Awesome tent hard to find now!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Yep Kristine, it’s not in production “at the moment”. Maybe SMD is waiting for enough inquires about it – or not.

I ws unaware that SMD made a 2-door Skyscape. My Tarptent Moment DW ha two doors/vestibules and I like that feature.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/102857/

Did you have a particular thought or question in mind Eric?

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Just wondering how they hold up Ken. As I get into my mid ’70s I am looking at lighter and lighter gear. Since I plan on leaving little cash behind when I go to that big trail in the sky I feel no compunctions about spending a bundle on lighter gear – as long as it is relatively durable and comfortable.

Most of the gear I have now is easily UL but SUL becomes more appealing all the time. A goal is to be still backpacking well into my eighties and then car camping into my 90s, maybe on Mars. A boy can dream…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools