Topic

Another round of the Vertex trekking poles – the new version

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Another round of the Vertex trekking poles – the new version

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Following questions about the new version of the Vertex….they are here!

The latest carbon poles are in stock and the aluminum version will be in early May.

As it seems that they have been very popular here and fit the BPL mindset, I’m offering an exclusive for this forum: 40% off on the new carbon and the aluminum ones. The carbon will ship now and aluminum will ship next month.

Use code BPLAPRIL until the end of the month. Here is a little teaser:

Cheers,

Gilad

Disclosure: I own Cnoc Outdoors and designed the poles, so obviously I make money from this offer.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Cool. How about a link,

https://www.cnocoutdoors.com

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I checked em out.  They are popular! In the 45sec. I was on the website two people from a town right next to me bought some poles. (according to the pop up on the site). Nice!

I logged off the site and then went back… another person from that same town bought another pair!  WOW!!

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Sorry, a link is nice, I know…

Straight to the poles:

https://www.cnocoutdoors.com/collections/2017-trekking-poles

And yes, that app is so annoying, I don’t know why it insists on making people up, suppose to just show real sales. I think I’ll just turn it off.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Ordered two pair. Thanks for the discount.

Grzegorz Przeorski
    BPL Member

@grzechu

Locale: Ontario

Seems that Canada is not on the shipping list…

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Sorry Grzegorz, I know shipping is pretty high (about $40 to send each pair over) so I never set it up in the system. If yo are interested, happy to do so, just let me know.

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

My pleasure Eric, thank you.

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

Gilad:

What are the differences/improvements to the 2017 over the 2016?  Thanks

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in the poles, here is a list of changes from a post I published when the poles were out:

• Thicker aluminum rings around the ends of the shafts to make them even more durable
    • A newly designed locking button that is both nicer to press (rounded top and thicker) and has a reinforced mechanism
    • The handle is slightly thicker to make the poles more comfortable for bigger hands but not so thick as to make them annoying for smaller hands
    • Better paint that allows an extra smooth slide of the locking shaft
    • Covered core cable as the thin ones might show some wear when dragged on rocks or twisted too much when packed
    • “Pointy” shaft sleeves so the poles are even easier to deploy

It is also from a new factory (too many issues with the previous one) so the overall quality of their production is better.

I hope that solves it, cheers,

Gilad

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

Thanks!

Todd D
    BPL Member

@todddevenish

Are these the same poles that are sold on Amazon?

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

The ones on Amazon are the 2016 ones, the 2017 have been kept on our site only.

Nathan Meyerson
    BPL Member

@nathanmeyerson

Locale: Southwest

EDIT: ignore this. the problem was all caps didnt work. for discount code.

Andrew H
    Spectator

@ahenry2352

Any plans to do a cork handle version of these poles in the future?

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

I have toyed with the idea Andrew, but I  personally never really liked cork grips as I found them too grimy (maybe just my hands) and had no issues with EVA. I also know the wine industry and how problematic cork is in terms of sustainability and the processing it needs to actually hold well and be useful.

I am keeping an option to find a way to make them from recycled cork, but yet to have the resources or knowledge to do so. If you know anyone with experience with recycled cork, I’d love to chat to that person.

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Thank you to everyone who got in touch and asked about another sale, many of you have been indecisive! As most of the stock moves to the warehousing now, I can’t offer 40% off anymore, it is just all the cost margin gone on discounts, sorry.

To stop the 2-3 emails I get a day, here is the last chance to get the poles until further developments: 30% off until the end of the month, use code BPLMAY (poles are here). If you are interested in the poles, please make sure you get a pair this month as I won’t be able to offer individual discounts as happened in the last 10 days.

If you have any questions, get in touch. Cheers, Gilad.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

I picked up a pair of the new Carbon poles and the Aluminum ones. Just played with them tonight. Initial impression is that they feel sturdy and pack down nice and small.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Is the aluminum version on your website the same pole (minus carbon fiber) as your 2017 pole or the 2016 pole?

I have a friend that needs trekking poles but even with the 30% off discount I’m not sure he can swing the 2017 carbon fiber ones.

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Hi Eric, glad to hear you like the poles.

As for the difference between the poles: the 2017 carbon and the aluminum ones share the same design and specs (but the shaft material) while the 2016 carbon have some older features.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

I assume this discount has ended?

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Hi Brad, the original 40% off offer is indeed over, but after a few requests from several BPL members, I offered a last round of discount on the poles: 30% off using code BPLMAY.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Thanks!  My son might want a set.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Thanks for the info. I tried out the poles today and they worked great. The aluminum ones are amazing budget poles!

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Thanks Eric, I’d love to hear how they worked for you in the field.

Cheers, Gilad

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools