Topic

Another round of the Vertex trekking poles – the new version

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Another round of the Vertex trekking poles – the new version

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Susy
    BPL Member

@prudence

Curious if the 30% offer is still happening.

Thanks

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

I’m afraid not Susy, sorry.

When we have a new product out in the market (3 new ones coming soon) I will be offering an exclusive BPL first round again.

Eric Osburn
    BPL Member

@osb40000

Big thanks to Gilad for having great customer service. I had a problem with a pole and he fixed the issue with an extremely quick response. These poles are great and I’m recommending them to all my friends and family.

Jim B
    BPL Member

@leftovereggs

What’s the difference between ’16 and ’17 models? I see the 2016 version for a crazy good price on your site.

Gilad Nachmani
    BPL Member

@gnachmani

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your interest in the poles, here is a list of changes from a post I published when the poles were out:

• Thicker aluminum rings around the ends of the shafts to make them even more durable
    • A newly designed locking button that is both nicer to press (rounded top and thicker) and has a reinforced mechanism
    • The handle is slightly thicker to make the poles more comfortable for bigger hands but not so thick as to make them annoying for smaller hands
    • Better paint that allows an extra smooth slide of the locking shaft
    • Covered core cable as the thin ones might show some wear when dragged on rocks or twisted too much when packed
    • “Pointy” shaft sleeves so the poles are even easier to deploy

It is also from a new factory (too many issues with the previous one) so the overall quality of their production is better.

Cheers,

Gilad

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools