Topic

Along the Lewis and Clark Trail with Buck Nelson

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Along the Lewis and Clark Trail with Buck Nelson

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

Locale: www.smarterbackpacking.com; www.fjaderlatt.se

Companion forum thread to: Along the Lewis and Clark Trail with Buck Nelson

Adventurer and author Buck Nelson reflects on his incredible adventure on the famed Lewis and Clark Trail – a grand western adventure!

Tom Ekblad
    BPL Member

@tekblad

Locale: Southern California

After reading the book Undaunted Courage, I have wanted to see different sections of their trip. Thank you for the trip details.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Buck and Jörgen,

Thank you for sharing the pictures and some details of this grand adventure.

Buck Nelson
    BPL Member

@colter

Locale: Alaska

Thanks everyone!

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

As we passed on it seemed as if those scenes of visionary enchantment would never have an end.

Merriwether Lewis wrote those words on passing the White Cliffs.

As I look at the photos and have been following along previously, it seemed you found many scenes of visionary enchantment.

What a journey….

Buck Nelson
    BPL Member

@colter

Locale: Alaska

Thanks Mags. Reading the Journals as I passed the sights they were describing really added to the experience. The feeling of exploration for them must have been wonderful.

And from my perspective, taking a moderate number of photos doesn’t detract from being immersed in the experience, it provides another good reason to look for and notice beauty I might otherwise have missed. I suspect you agree.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools